First Day at U.A (Pt. 2)

"Japanese"

"English"

'Thoughts'

Author's POV: 

As (y/n) made her way to the cafeteria with the Bakusquad, she looked at all of the other people that were in the school. She was amazed at how normal it was for people to have a quirk when she was told that it was unnatural by the Dursleys. 

As she walked next to Mina, she swung their hands, which were still intertwined with each other, and asked her different questions about other people's quirks that she knew of. Mina went on to explain the quirks of the few people that she met and some of the people that she overheard Midoriya talking about. (Y/n) knew that it would be better to go to Midoriya if she wanted to know more about quirks, but she had promised to sit with Mina for the day, so she decided that she would ask him when they had free time or when they went back to the dorms. 

They got into line for their food with Denki praising Lunch Rush's food as they got closer and the smell of it making (y/n)'s mouth water, this made (y/n) more impatient than normal. Mina and Sero laughed as both (y/n) and Denki jumped up and down in their spots, waiting for their turn to get their food. 

Finally, the 6 of them reached the front of the line and the two most energetic at the time grabbed their food with bright smiles on their faces. (Y/n) had heard of Lunch Rush from Midoriya but she had never thought that it would smell this good. The Great Hall at Hogwarts was filled with different foods, but nothing compared to the smell that was inside of the U.A lunchroom. 

Lunch Rush gave them a thumbs up, which is what (y/n) thought was equivalent to a smile for him, and she thanked him before following after her friends. Bakugo led the group to their normal table and sat down, once (y/n) was seated, she immediately began to eat the food that was given to her. 

After the first bite, she began to scarf down most of her food, "This is really good," she told Mina after swallowing a mouthful of food.

Mina laughed at her friend's actions and threw an arm around her shoulders, earning glares from those at the table, "I mean, it is Lunch Rush's food."

(Y/n) laughed at Mina's explanation of why the food was good but didn't disagree. Though the house-elves were good at what they did, Lunch Rush's food was considerably better. As she was thinking, Bakugo slid over a small portion of his meal. At his time at Hogwarts, he had noticed that (y/n) normally ate more than the portion of food that was served at U.A, so he knew that she wasn't full after finishing her food. 

When (y/n) turned her attention back to her plate, she was surprised to find that it wasn't empty. She looked up to see if the person who had given her the food was looking and found that Bakugo was looking away from her with a small blush on his cheeks. (Y/n) knew that he wouldn't want to be singled out so she kept her mouth shut, planning on thanking him later when they were away from the rest of the group. 

She ate the food that was left on her plate, occasionally butting into the conversation that the group was having when she felt it was appropriate, other than that, she just listened to the 5 talk about different things. After a few more minutes, the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over and it was time for class. They cleaned up their table and quickly made their way to class.

"We have heroics with All Might next," Kirishima told (y/n). "You'll get to see how we use our quirks in battle."

(Y/n) felt her anger rise a bit when she heard that they would be with All Might for the next hour or so but smiled at the red-haired boy, "I can't wait, I'm sure you'll all do great."

(Y/n) had already seen them use their quirks so she understood how they worked in a way, but she had yet to see them fight with their quirks. 

"How do you like it here so far," Denki asked, throwing an arm around (y/n)'s shoulders.