Reunited

(Y/n)'s POV : 

We woke up that morning and made our way to the Great Hall to get breakfast. As we walked down to the Great Hall, people were telling me 'Happy Birthday' the entire way down. Along with the greetings, people passed me chocolates and cards as well. After everyone went their separate ways, the four of us began to talk about our first meeting today. The first D.A meeting would start when the students began to leave for Hogsmeade and would last until around 4 p.m. Harry was nervous, but Hermione made sure to remind him that everything would go well. 

I was suddenly stopped by Draco who was holding something behind his back. My friends stopped and glared at him, clearly not wanting to be bothered today. 

"Guys," I said, gaining their attention. "It's fine, I'll meet you there, go ahead."

They hesitated before leaving, but not after shooting one last glare in Draco's direction. Once they rounded the corner, I turned my attention back to Draco, smiling softly. 

"Did you need anything Draco," I asked softly, not wanting to make him more nervous than he already was? 

He cleared his throat before taking out a bouquet of roses from behind his back and shoving them towards me, "Happy birthday (y/n)."

I chuckled a bit, "Thank you Draco, that was really sweet of you," I said, before turning to leave. 

Before I left, I turned around and ran back to him and gave him a small kiss on his cheek as a thank you before running in the direction of the Great Hall. A few moments after I sat down next to Hermione, Draco came into the Great Hall with a blush on his face and sat down with his friends. Throughout breakfast, I got more flowers, cards, and sweets. I was grateful for all of them, but I wouldn't be able to eat all the sweets on my own so I planned to leave some in my dorm and take some with me to the meeting to share with everyone. 

After breakfast, I rushed to put away some of the sweets before noticing that students began to leave so I met up with Harry, Hermione, and Ron and we made our way up to the Room of Requirement for our first meeting. Harry was a bit hesitant at first, but we walked in to see all of the 28 people there. 

Harry began by making a small speech then told us that we would be working on one spell for this first lesson, Expelliarmus. We practiced disarming dummies, disarming other students, and strengthening the spell to blow our opponents back. We continued to work on this for the next few hours, taking breaks to eat the snacks that I brought. We didn't need to leave the room for lunch because we had the snacks that I got, so we stayed inside the room the entire time. We spent 6 hours in the Room of Requirement before the students began to come back from Hogsmeade. 

Using the Mauraders Map, Harry made sure that there was no one around the Room of Requirement before telling us that we could leave.

"That went well," I said to my friends once we were the only people in the room. 

Harry smiled, "Thank you for convincing me to do this."

Hermione nodded, "Of course."

We ended up talking for a few more minutes, deciding when we would hold the next meeting and for how long. After a while, we decided that we should leave before we were late for dinner. We checked the map another time to make sure that no one was around the Room of Requirement then left to head to the Great Hall. 

Author's POV : 

As the students were gathering in the Great Hall, Class 1-A was sitting inside Dumbledore's office, waiting for him to walk in. All of the students were looking around, wanting to touch things but not wanting to get scolded by another teacher or their own. They looked at the phoenix that was sitting on its post then at the sword that was on display as well as the old brown hat that sat next to it. The entire office was large and books were lining the walls, which left most of them surprised, wondering why the headmaster had so many books.