New Family?

English--"looks like this"

Japanese--"looks like this"

Authors POV:

4 months later. . .

Since Aizawa has left, (m/n) has turned towards violence when (y/n) does anything wrong. Although she still is a 4-year-old girl, (m/n) doesn't care, she only thinks about the fact that it's (y/n)'s fault that Shouta left. The first thing that changed was (m/n)'s attitude, it went from sweet and kind to rude and hostile. (Y/n) had seen this the morning after her father left, that was the day she realized that being without her father would be harder than she had anticipated. She had believed that her mother would be there for her through everything, instead, her mother was the cause of most of her problems in which she had to learn to get over by herself. To (y/n)'s disappointment, her mother had also gotten rid of most of the pictures which contained Aizawa, (m/n) didn't want to see the man that had left her with that useless child.

Her mother began to drink instead of doing things a normal mother would do. (Y/n) had to learn to care for herself for her to survive. She learned to cook, clean, sneak around, ration food and water, and spy on others. She learned a few new languages including French, Spanish, and English. (Y/n) wanted to be sure that if she ever needed help, she would be able to get some even if the language was different. She hadn't gone back to school the past few months, her mother didn't want her to leave the house because of how beat up and dirty the young girl looked.

(Y/n)'s POV:

2-year time skip

I reread the letter that my father left me when I was a child, I understood all of his letter by now and I know why he left. By staying he would have been jeopardizing his own happiness for mine, and I would rather him be happy in a different home with a husband than here with that monster. I haven't been outside recently, I hadn't gone to school since I was 4 and I kind of missed the friend that I had made, his name was Hitoshi Shinsou, he was a very kind boy and he really loved cats. That was one of the things that we bonded over. I wanted to see him again.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I heard footsteps stomping up the steps, I know my mother usually came home later than normal on certain days and those are the days when she usually brings someone home with her but I can only hear her steps. I quickly lift the loose floorboard, which was near where I sat, and shoved the note inside, and placed the floorboard back where it belonged before settling myself to make it look as if I was lying there the entire time.

The footsteps quickly reached my door and the door was thrown open, completely coming off of the hinges and landing near the corner of my room. She looked at me in disgust before coming closer to me. As she got closer I was able to smell the alcohol coming from all over her as well as the smell of weed.

⚠️⚠️TW ABUSE/TORTURE⚠️⚠️

As she walked over, there was a glint in her eye and I knew that I wouldn't be able to get out of this. She ran over as I tried to scramble away, she grabbed my hair and lifted me to her face.

"I have something for you in the basement," she said, the smell of her breath stinging my eyes and causing them to water.

She dragged me by my hair down to the basement, I hadn't been down there before and I was quite concerned about what I would experience while there.

As she dragged me down, I hit each step on the stairs hard, my side was already aching and I could tell that something would be broken by the time we reached the basement. As she dragged me through the living room I was able to see that she had brought someone over, a man sat on the couch just staring, seemingly not blinking.