Chapter 3:

"Hello, America. An important news is to be delivered."

"Some people's worst nightmare just came true. A reported incident has been causing chaos, panic and anxiety to other people. A zombie apocalypse is said to start. The first case was found on the Neo Central Hospital, located at the core of Los Angeles."

"We're now on the tail for further updates. Remember to always be on alert and take care."

"Now signing off,"

⋆⋆⋆

"Honey, how's your sleep at Gray's house? Did you guys have fun? Did you eat dinner? It's bad to skip meals. Are you getting enough sleep? Were you uncomfortable? Oh baby, did I make a bad choic-"

"Mom, I'm fine. This isn't fast talk, is it? I got enough sleep, I'm doing good. It's only been 12 hours since you guys left," Astrid talked to her mom through the phone.

She furrowed her brows, gently blowing to her wet nails that she just finished painting. She knew her mom was overprotective. It always resulted into problems if Lia can't talk or see her daughter for at least a day. Astrid was kept in an invisible cage.

"That's good. Oh and by the way, do you know our neighbors by any chance?"

"Uh, yeah? Haneul and Seonghwa? How could I not?" Astrid leaned back to her couch, holding her phone close to her ear. Nail polish was scattered around the cushions, but contrasting the sofa, the house was actually kept clean.

"You'll be babysitting the kids! Hayoon and Hwayoung," Lia squealed from the other line, remembering the sweet, energetic kids.

"What?"

"For a week, just like us, the couple left for a trip. Take care of the kids, Astrid. They've got a nanny today but you'll be theirs tomorrow up until tuesday."

"Fine. Do I get anything from this?"

"My love, sweetheart. Okay, bye!"

"Wha-"

Astrid looked at her phone, rolling her eyes to the thought of being with loud toddlers. She never really liked kids, plus she never had siblings so she grew without the environment of young humans.

Let's just hope that I'll survive the children.

"Well, should I at least meet them today?" She asked herself, getting up from the couch. She glanced at her fresh french manicure, shrugging before getting a jacket and placing it on herself.

Haneul and Seonghwa, the couple rarely interacted with Astrid's family, and that means she herself hasn't talked to them that much. Leaving their kids and putting them into a stranger's care is strange enough to make Astrid wonder how important their business is.

She got outside the house, warm summer air was expected, but instead cold icy breeze blew on her melanin rich skin. Astrid shivered at the contact, pulling her jacket closer to her body- in attempt to make herself warm. She recalled that the couple lived beside them, with that, she strided to the big- almost mansion like house.

Knocking gently, she calmed herself down as she never got used to social interaction. Her parents are overprotective, being one of the reasons why she grew up being introverted.

The door opened slightly, a young pale girl, the same age as her, revealed herself. Astrid smiled awkwardly, stepping back. The two observed each other, thinking what could be the opposite's motives.