Chapter 8:

It was raining, really really bad. A huge storm has covered the whole city and there's so way they can wander off with that kind of weather.

Rina was sleepless, it's not that she chose not to sleep, she just can't. Her mind screamed misery every time she closed her eyes. Her heart accelerated every time she catched a blink. She was pathetic. She watched the windows all night, guarding the house incase someone broke in.

While the two rested, she was leaning onto the windowsill, her breath fogged up a part of the window. She stood up and huffed her way to the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror, barely recognizing the reflection. Dark bags filled her under eye, pale tone covered her skin, texture was visible and there's a growing pimple on her forehead.

"Wow, one night bro. That's just one night," she whispered to herself, chuckling at her appearance. She ran a hand over her tangled locks, stopping at the ends since it's tied in knots.

Since the three of them met, she always felt like she's responsible for all of them. She's the oldest, you can imagine the pressure. Always taking care of the two, putting herself last, that's what she was used to.

Dissapointed is one word you can describe how she felt. Not to Astrid, not to Gray. To herself. To Rina Lin. To the girl who failed to keep Astrid away from the traumatic experience. To the girl who failed to be with Gray when she was alone.

Failure. Yeah, that's what she is.

"Lin, why aren't you sleeping?" Astrid suddenly entered the bathroom.

Rina didn't even notice the tears on her face until she tasted them running over her mouth. Astrid raised her eyebrow.

"What's wrong?" she asked, turning to the older girl. She caressed the tears away, and stared lovingly at Rina.

"Hm?"

Rina choked on her cries, finally breaking with Astrid's soft demeanor. She pressed herself to the girl's warmth, not saying anything.

Astrid seemed to understand, she just let her sob on her shoulder, whispering assuring words into her ear.

"It's just that-" Rina took a sharp inhale, coughing at the sudden air on her lungs.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell me," Astrid rubbed the girl's back. She always knew, she was aware of what she was experiencing since Rina isn't that good at showing her emotions, she always understood what those little fumbles meant. She was beyond angry at Rina for not directly telling her what she felt but she couldn't blame her. It wasn't the rage type of angry, it was the pitful, sad, one filled with love kind of angry.

If only Rina knew how proud the girls are.

After she calmed down, both of them went back to the others. Astrid insisted for her to sleep, and the older can't seem to resist so she did, on the other's lap.

Once Astrid saw Rina's breath slow down, she relaxed, taking a deep breath. She carefully looked around the area and observed the place.

Her hands slowly made it's way to Rina's head, carefully getting it off her lap. She stood up, wincing slightly as she felt her legs a little sore - well not just her legs, but her whole body. It was a result of her restlessness.

Walking over to the dark space, where Hayoon and Hwayoung are. She stared at the two kids sleeping peacefully.

The area was only lit by a number of candles, which some of are going to die soon, because of the lack of electricity. Their food stock unfortunately went out fast since they have kids to feed.

Gray twitched on her sleep, waking up looking like an absolute monster. Her hair was everywhere and her face looked beaten up. Astrid didn't say anything since she was used to that sight.

The girl who just woke up, rubbed her eyes and ran to the bathroom. In the meantime, Astrid heard something from the entrance. She whipped her head, and immediately grabbed a weapon. - which is a baseball bat. She prayed that it would just be the rats, but the world always wasn't on her side.

She saw a person's figure on the door. She couldn't see the face clearly since it was still dark outside, it was 6:06 after all.

But before she could let out a scream for help, the creature shouted first. It was an inhumane high screech which freaked everybody out.

Hayoon woke up crying, Hwayoung tried to calm him down, Gray bursted out of the bathroom, Rina snapped her eyes open, everyone was shocked.

Astrid, however, was frozen. She observed the figure, and though she's not familiar with the creature, she took a closer look on how it acted.

It wasn't taking drunken steps, nor mumbling incoherent words, it was almost... human?

Astrid was about to question it or them, she doesn't want to assume, another shadow appeared, and that's what made her freak out. She ran to the receiving area - the one where they're all staying at - which the kitchen was also connected to, she raised her arms and got ready to hit whoever comes out of the shadow.

Taking deep breaths, she looked at her friends and saw them at the same stance as her, it made her smile.

Not so fast.

A figure broke out of the darkness and Astrid immediately took action. She swooped her feet under theirs, flipping them to their back. Pulling their hair out of the way - and also to make sure their mouth won't get close to her - she raised her right hand, ready to smack the shit out of the person.

That's when the candlelight hit them. It was a boy. A good looking boy, to be exact. He was shocked at Astrid's actions to say the least. His eyes were wide open, mouth agape - he wasn't infected?

Astrid gasped and immediately got off the poor person. He scrambled up his feet and tried to catch his breath.

"We thought no one lived in here,"

"We?" Astrid raised her brows to the guy's monologue.

"Don't we look like people to you, Mr.?" Gray scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Donghyuck." he pointed out.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Wait- what do you mean 'we'? You're not alone?" Astrid pointed her bat on his face, in an attempt to threaten him. Well, it certainly did work considering the guy's panicked face. She knew he wasn't alone, but she did want to know how many they are.

"Yes! I'm with my friends. Goddammit, come out there, you rascals!" he shouted.

A group of 6 people stepped into the view, halting Astrid. She took a step backwards.

"Sure you aren't infected?"

........................................................................

hi! how r u guys doing? (im talking to myself again sigh) im doing just fine if u asked thanks :)

anw.. how is the story so far? is it going too fast or smth?

gimme words pls :(