Chapter 4:

The two girls paced in the living room, one's mind messier than the other. Astrid was worried as she knew that she had to protect the siblings for Haneul and Seonghwa. She knew it is now her responsibility to keep them safe.

She looked at Gray who is obviously as worried as she is, forehead creased, mouth formed into a frown, and eyes closed. Glancing to the bags her friend brought, she grabbed them, inspecting what Gray decided to bring.

Clothes, food, water, guns-

Where did she get these?

Astrid gasped and examined the small handgun she discovered. It was beautifully designed, rose gold swirls filled the handle and a warm shade of gold covered the head. It was for sure custom made, who would design a gun like this?

"Gray," she called, not taking her eyes off the firearm.

"Yeah? Is there something wrong?" the girl walked to Astrid, halting as she saw the gun on her hand. She sighed, sitting on the couch where clothes were scattered.

"That, that- I found that at your house,"

"At my house!? What? Where?" Astrid had her eyes wide open, not knowing that there was firearms in her place. Could it be that her mom is hiding something?

"That's not important. Look, here's your stuff. I packed it for you. We need to get the news to Rina, we need her," Hurriedly handing the girl a backpack, she grabbed her phone and dialed their friend.

On her way here, she was thoughful enough to go to Astrid's house, packing necessary things for her.

"How could we survive this?" The younger huffed out air, rubbing her face with her palms, almost giving up - when it's just starting.

"Rina, where are you!?" Gray exclaimed, relieved that she picked up the phone, but panic settled in when she heard screams from the other line. She turned to Astrid, pointing at her phone.

"Gra- Gray!" Rina shouted, her voice was struggling. This made the two girl freeze, praying that she was somehow safe.

Noises of groaning and grunting, along with residents screaming filled the other line.

"Rina! Tell me you're safe. Please,"

"Well, what do you think, dumbo? I'm trying to be safe. Gosh, are these zombies!?" Rina let out a sound of disgust, almost puking at the sight of the creature's saliva dripping down.

"Where are you!?"

"Outside the Park's residence! Open the goddamn door!"

Gray rushed to the door, tripping on the way before opening it wide. She assisted Rina, kicking some zombies on the process. Their limbs were dislocated, arms over their heads, legs bent inwards, - it's not a sight you want to see.

Astrid felt anxiety wash over her as she saw the familiar beings outside the door. She fiddled with her hands, trying to not start crying, she knew she might throw up if she did, her whole body was shaking in fear.

She bit her lips, haunted by the scene of Somi falling down the bathroom window. Her lips turned red, almost bleeding, but Astrid didn't stop. She held back her tears and shook her hands off, calming herself down - one that she's used to doing.

"Rina! Did you-"

"I brought what Hwayoung said to bring." Rina smiled, showing her backpack.

"Hwayoung called you too?" Astrid finally stood up, sniffling.

"Yeah, she called me first actually. I was doing some shopping when I heard the news. I didn't believe it at first but I saw one at the mall, I ran to my house and grabbed all that I can, and came here. What are we going to do?" Rina, being the elsdest, she always knew what to do or what to say or how to act, but this time, she didn't. She was clueless, hopeless, lost.