Chapter 9:

They all sat in silence. The whole world was lifeless yet birds still chirped early in the morning. The sky painted the color of the deepest depths of the sea yet still held a grudge when the thunder appreared roaring like a lion. The supposedly summer breeze blew a whisper of danger along with a bitter kiss filled with death.

Both are going in the same place, yes. Both are gullible, young and weak. Though that's what they appear to be, time is a wave heading to the shore, waiting for a moment to destruct creatures with such power just to prove itself. Much like them.

The males sat uncomfortably in the couch which seemed to be hard as rock considering the tense atmosphere they're in. Astrid, Gray and Rina stood against the cold plain wall close to the couch, eyeing the unfamiliar presence.

"So are we just gonna stare at each other?" Rina coughed out awkwardly. Astrid raised her brows, turning to one specific person.

"What's your name again?"

"Jaemin."

"Right.., it's a coincidence that we meet again," she narrowed her eyes, intimidating the whole set of people. "Why did you barge into this house?"

"Who would knock in the middle of an apocalypse?"

"This is serious."

"I am serious." Jaemin clicked his tongue, smiling sarcastically. They indeed broke into the house because they thought that it was empty.

Astrid rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed at the guy's behavior. She was quite moody in the mornings, and this just proves it.

Jisung sighed and rubbed his face with his palms. "We're sorry, i'm sorry. If you want to, we'll just leave and find another place to stay in-"

"Are you crazy!?" Chenle whispered to him. He winced and slapped his friend's arms, turning to Astrid to complete his sentence.

"-it was our fault, you know.. breaking in," he gritted his teeth once he felt Chenle pinching him. Glaring at the older, he scowled secretly, done with all their bullshit.

If the owner doesn't want us here, then we leave. We don't need to bother anyone. He thought to himself. Though his apology was sincere, the tone he used seemed sarcastic which made Astrid question them even more.

"Okay then, you guys should-"

"Stay!" Hwayoung jumped onto Astrid, almost making them fall to the ground. The girls widened their eyes at the kid.

"Hwayoung!" Gray scolded.

"This is mommy's house anyways. We need more people especially boys  so that you don't get lonely!" Hwayoung giggled, referring to the maidens.

Renjun chuckled under his breath, thanking the child in his head. He strongly punched Donghyuck's thigh, "Stupid,"

The other scoffed, clearly offended. "Who are you calling stupid?" he returned the hit.

"You, dumb enough to get caught in the middle of his "fool-proof plan". Which may I add, is very much shitty." Renjun smiled, contrasting the amount of degrading comment he made about Donghyuck.

"Excuse me? Why did you follow my  plan if you thought it was stupid?" Donghyuck glared at the boy beside him.

"I had no choice,"

"Stop fighting, kids. We're currently facing a life-threatening situation," Mark barged in the conversation, stiffling his laugh at the previous responses.

The two just scoffed in disbelief and rolled their eyes away.

Jeno was just completely silent, praying that the kids actually let them stay. They have no where to go if they leave. Hearing Jisung's words, there's only one thing he wanted to do in the moment. That was for his fist to make contact with the youngest's face.

The eldest of the girls was puzzled. Yes, it was their house. Yes, Hwayoung is right. She wondered how can a kid, with that age, be so smart? Rina glanced at the boys, agreeing that it will be too dangerous for them to leave.

"We'll let them stay, for now." Rina spoke to the girls, emphasizing the last words.

Astrid huffed in defeat, secretly understanding but she didn't want more people in her company. Maybe it's just her morning grumpiness?

Gray, in contrast, just nodded in understanding and wore her signature grin. "Rooms upstairs, please be resourceful." was all she said before signalling the boys to go.

Chenle was the first to stand up and run to the stairs, throwing a fist in the air. The others walked calmly with a little bit of second hand embarassment from the guy.

When the lads were gone. Astrid glared at Hwayoung who was in her arms. "Why did you do that?" she whined.

Hwayoung smiled and held Astrid's cheeks. "Because I can, Astrid." she giggled once more.

"Whatever. Where's Hayoon anyway?"

"He's in the room, still sleeping. I just checked." Rina replied. She went to the kitchen and flipped all the cabinet doors open. Worried with what she saw, she turned to the girls.

"When will we leave?"

"If the stock runs out," Astrid said more seriously. "The stock in here, I meant. We still have some in our bags, which can last us about a week or so. But we have a much bigger problem than that,"

"Which is?" Gray asked.

"What are we gonna do about the new visitors?" Astrid rested her hands at the counter, eyeing Hwayoung playing in the living room.

"Oh that.." Rina trailed off. She didn't think about that, honestly.

"We bring them with us," Gray chimed in.

"They'll only slow us down!"

"Astrid, are you high?"

"No, I don't smoke."

"It's just the morning ring-a-ling" Rina yawned, pointing at Astrid.

The youngest once again rolled her eyes and walked away, over to Hwayoung.

"I don't understand, Rina. She doesn't want us to let the guys stay. She isn't like that." Gray said between her chews.

"Where'd you get that cracker?" Rina chuckled. "Yeah, you're right. Let's understand her. We just met the guys now! We don't even know them. We don't know if they came here with good intentions, yeah?"

"That Renjun guy is hot, though."

"Gray!"

"What?"

"Is that why you let them stay?" Rina crossed her arms, leaning to the sink. Gray laughed obnoxiously loud.

"I'm not like that,"

Rina laughed with her, shaking her head. This kind of moments they treasured it so much. They never know when their life will be taken away, so they just continue to live.

........................................................................

kinda short but idk jshsjshjs