Chapter 5:

7 people, more specifically — boys, decided that since they have absolutely nothing to do with their lives, they will go to the grocery store, buy some snacks and have a fun game night. It was typical of boys their age to think that way, their brain can only think of fun, and fun only.

One specific guy is surely standing out, considering his height and also the dark aura around him. He was expressionless. His hands were in his pocket, eyes glued to the ground, hood over his head, yet his beautiful facial features was still seen. The one and only, Jisung Park.

Despite his friends almost killing each other by shoving them on their way, he was unbothered, almost used to the chaos.

key word : almost.

Mark, the eldest of all the guys accidentally pushed him harsher than he expected, as he was pushed by the person beside him.

Jisung winced at the action, glaring at Chenle, the one who pushed Mark that caused him to pass the force.

"When will we get to the store if you guys keep shoving each other like this?" Jaemin, the mom of the group, scolded the six, clicking his tongue to gain more patience. Brown eyes, glaring especially at one person.

"Oops, sorry." Chenle giggled to himself, successfully pissing off his bestfriend, Jisung.

Jeno and Renjun walked behind the guys, shaking their heads while laughing in amusement.

As they entered the store, the fresh air conditioning made their skin cause goosebumps, the contrasting bright light blinded them.

The eldest stepped inside further, already planning on hoarding — but was stopped by a voice.

"We have a budget, please don't spend too much money-"

Jaemin lectured his friends like a mother but was cut off by Chenle speaking,

"It's okay guys. I have my card,"

"Rich af, man. Thanks," Mark nudged him before going to a particular aisle, getting a number of chips.

"Ceo Chenle!" Jeno celebrated, throwing his hands up in the air, eyes disappearing. He ran to the candy aisle, Donghyuck following his trail.

The boy just chuckled and went on his own. Cautiously glancing at Jisung, he smirked and followed the boy, already annoying the living daylights out of him.

"Go away, Chenle, I've had enough," the taller said through his gritted teeth. His day wasn't the best, well— it always wasn't. He's used to the world hating him, but this day, it was different. Not in a good way. This day was so much worse that regular, he was late to dance class, he didn't have the time to make breakfast, his parents left the country without telling him, usually they would, the teacher scolded him because apparently he was the worst dancer out there, the list goes on.

"Don't worry, I'm just getting these," Chenle grabbed two bags of Doritos and walked away, hiding his actual concern for his friend. He always wanted to cheer him up, but it seems like he also always failed.

Jisung, amused, shrugged and grabbed a bag for himself before looking for the others.

Eyes scanning the place, he spotted Hyuck and Jeno fighting — for a pack of skittles. The two looked like cats and dogs, hitting each other playfully, making sure that the punches don't hurt. He sighed, done with everything. "Now, where could Jaemin be?" he whispered mostly to himself.

Then, that exact same time, he heard his voice.

Well, there he is.

He walked to the direction of the voice, knowing that only he, Jaemin, can tame the demons. He was always the mom, contrast of the facade he has at school.