Chapter 23:

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN ACTS OF ABUSE; PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION, OR SEXUAL ABUSE, AND/OR MENTIONS OF BLOOD THAT CAN TRIGGER PEOPLE.

I DO NOT CONDONE ANY OF THESE ACTIONS, HOWEVER, THE PLOT RESERVES A STORY TO BE TOLD (FICTIONAL) AND IT IS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHARACTERS.

Foreseen visions, power replication, illusions, that's her ability.

Yeonmi is a part of the so-called experiment. She was one of the firsts, actually. Though she knows that she's not fully aware of what other things she was capable of, she didn't want to know, she can't, all her present powers were too much to even handle.

Yes, she has multiple. The facility hid the truth, some of them actually had hybrids, and one of them is Yeonmi. She ended up working in the labs and officially positioned as the assistant manager. How did she do that? Well, as one of her ability is illusions, you can visualize what she did to reach that goal. All she ever wanted to be is normal, but no. She's nothing but a failed experiment.

The chaos, the apocalypse, she had foreseen this. She watched as the world collapsed, crumble, be destroyed, right infront of her eyes and she remembers every single detail about it.

Her visions were incomplete. They were more like dreams, they show up in her sleep and when she wakes up, she often forgets it. It happens, but this specific vision was so scarring, she remembered it.

She spent her life having nightmares, a nightmare that comes true. Having her own fear consume her was so draining, she turned numb. Now that the apocalypse actually happened she can't do anything about it. Everyone else can't do anything about it. How will it end? Will it even end? Are they just going to be like this?

She's aged, she's not young anymore, she's frail, weak and vulnerable. She could've stopped him but she can't. Her own desicions made the world like this, the world so miserable, so pitful, so desperate.

Maybe the world deserves it. Maybe it was time for her to get her revenge to the world. Maybe the world was too harsh on her and this was the only thing she can do to be fair. Maybe she let this happen on purpose.

No, no, it can't be. She spent her whole life trying to escape from a prison, how can she destroy her dream with the most incalculable value? How can she just end it like that? No way.

KQ, the facility, is wicked, sick, twisted, disgusting, all the bad characteristics. They messed up the trainees' minds. Their powers wouldn't have been developed and strengthen if the staffs haven't given them drugs. There was a chance that their powers would've died down and just lose ability if they just didn't gave them fucking drugs.

Yeonmi knew that, yet she still took the drugs. Why, you may ask? She had to. If she didn't, she would break down the walls of illusion she formed, she would ultimately be beheaded, she would lose her job and she will remember memories that are so painful, it will affect her whole body.

She regretted the decision a little bit, just a little. It was better to die if the world is going to turn out like this anyways.

"Mommy, are those lilies?" a five year old Yeonmi who was still once innocent, pure and happy, asked her mother a question.

They were in a field. A gorgeous spread of various flowers with different colors filled her eyes. She immediately tried to run to it, an attempt to pick one and give it to her mom, she did. She ran to the lilies, she plucked one out and offered it to her mom.

"Honey, what are you...?" her mother looked confused, and then it sunk in. "Darling, all we can see is green grass. You're in your own illusions."