Chapter 36:

Her whole world just stopped for a second. Everything was a blur. She didn't try to catch up to the car. Very well in fact, she couldn't. She's frozen onto her feet.

After a minute of recovery, she realized just how stupid her actions were. She tried to figure out the route of the vehicle, where it was headed, and who was causing a possible act of harm to her daughter.

Lia felt her nape sting as if it was harshly bumped into a wall. She touched the area, carefully sensing if there's something wrong. Her eyes scanned her surrounding, just noticing her vulnerability. In a span of a minute, all of her sense seemed to crash. Her feet gave up, as she poorly stumbled on the road. Her body was numb, she couldn't feel anything. She started to sweat, she's freaking out. She was wondering if she did something wrong or if she put herself in this situation. Her throat started to tighten. Raspy coughs and tears spilled out of her.

"Oh god, what's happening?" she can only mumble. "Astrid, I'm scared." Lia tried her best to fight the drowsiness coming at her. "I'm scared, baby. Oh goodness, what if you're injured? I wasn't there to protect you. I'm sorry. Momma is sorry, so so sorry." her consciousness soon blacked out.

Lia couldn't feel the strong impact on her head as she lost strength but her forehead making contact with the surface of the rough road seemed to pull her into reality. Her nails scratched the asphalt so desperately that her fingers bled. Supporting her upper body, she propped up her elbows, scratching her skin making her hiss at the pain.

The woman furrowed her eyebrows, still out of her mind, when she heard grunts and smelled garbage around her. "Fuck, did I end up in a dumpster?" she gave up on trying to stand.

Her eyes roamed around the area, sighing when she saw nothing but damaged and impaired clothes almost formed in a circle.

Around her.

A circle of people wearing ripped clothes.

It stunk.

"Oh, I'm fucked." she whispered to herself when she realized that she's surrounded by walkers. And she's also bitten. Lia's body felt numb all over and she can barely move.

How did she know if she can't feel the bite? Well, there are symptoms, Lia knew because her husband said it himself. Like every other sickness, it affects each human body differently. Either your body temperature drops, or it sky rockets. You sweat profusely, feel dizzy, feel numb, intense hunger, abdominal pain, and overall soreness. Most important part; everybody that gets infected goes through a nightmare.

A nightmare. A bad dream. Some can be as bad as meeting a snake, or like Lia, having her only child taken away from her. It depends on every human mind, but it happens to everyone.

Maybe calling it nightmare is a bit of an understatement. Their biggest fear is a better term to use. 'Being infected is terrible enough, you'll get to visualize your biggest fear too? What a blessing.' Lia smiled, accepting her fate as she succumb to the craving of flesh.

She felt her body get dragged harshly, her back getting scratched by the concrete. With the little amount of energy she had, she looked up to see her husband, Yuno, crying while trying his best to get her away from the zombies.

He soon stopped, dropping to her level. "What the fuck were you thinking, Lia?" he whispered, gritting his teeth in anger while tears flowed freely from his eyes. "What did I fucking tell you?" he held his wife's face, looking into her eyes as if she's everything he needed. She is.

Lia cried out loud. She touched her throat, shaking her head, resisting the urge to devour human flesh. "I'm sorry. I tried to find her, I- I really did but I can't. She's here. I know she is but I don't know where and-" she sniffed, pointing her skaky hands on the right. "I can sense her still, please." Lia wailed wretchedly.

"Shhh." Yuno wiped her tears away. "We'll be fine. She'll be fine." he bit his lip to stop his sobs. "You know I love you, right?" he kissed her cheeks softly. "Lia, you that right? Even though I hurt you so many times, you know I love you right? You know that I'll do anything for you-"

"I know. I know, Yuno." The woman rested her head in her husband's shoulder. "We need to find Astrid. Please, you gotta go and find your daughter. I can't do it now, do I?"

"Bite me." he stared at her.

"What?" she met his eyes. Lia looked at his wrists, instantly salivating at the sight. She bared her teeth but her conscience stopped her from doing so. "I'm not doing it. Go before I hurt you!" she pushed him away, barely moving his body.

"I can't live without you, Lia. I can't bear to see Astrid's face when she sees you like this, and I'm only gonna blame myself until I die, so just end me. End us." he took Lia's head and positioned his wrist on her lips. "Trust me. You always did, right?"

She nodded, crying as she pushed his wrist down. She kissed him in the lips, biting down on her husband's. Their cheeks sharing the same tears of hopelessness and acceptance. She fought for the last minute of human in her and trailed towards Yuno's neck, and quickly biting down.

"Astrid.." she whispered, hugging the man.

"I love you." Yuno squeezed his eyes shut, forlorn visions filling his mind.

The once lovely blue sky turned into colors of blood, the sun already descending and the day coming to an end along with the life of the couples. Their bodies close to each other, lying helplessly on the ground. Blood oozing out of their bite marks, similar to the color of the sun set.

How can a doleful scene be compared to a beautiful sunset? Their juxtaposition, as lifeless and as alive each other looked, everything must eventually come to an end.

As the moon hid itself from the people, the stars fought for theur spotlights at the same time. The streetlights lit up and the danger ensued.

No bodies on the ground this time.

...............................................................................

oh my goodness it has been sssssssooooooo long! im sorry if the chapter was short ,, i really fought with myself and tried to make one for u guys and this is all we got. ive been busy with school and my mental health isnt doing very well so slow updates!! yay!!

WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE EVERY TWO WEEKS BUT PLEASE DONT EXPECT MUCH!!!

also this is not a sirenzzzz book if i dont kill people so uh here you go <3

let me know what you think on the story so far. give me insights to improve on xoxo