Chapter 32:

Jisung froze, gripping a familiar gun in his hands. He looked up at the sound of sirens, scrambling up on his feet after seeing people come out of an ambulance. He glanced beside him, as if asking for an explanation. Once he recognize a somehow familiar face, his own contorted into a frown.

"Soldier?" he asked, making the guy halt on his steps. "Oh, so I wasn't hallucinating!" he cackled, finding the situation strangely hilarious.

Chenle slapped a hand on his forehead, pretending to not know the weird guy giving him second hand embarrassment. "He doesn't even care if there are foreign people over here." he muttered under his breath, secretly glaring at his best friend, before faking a smile at the new faces.

"Hi kids. Come with us, let's go to the hospital. You and your friends need it," A woman, which Jisung assumed to be in her 40s, said with a strong korean accent. "You need immediate professional medication." she smiled weakly, almost looking annoyed.

Jisung didn't know why, but his brain considered this as a red flag. He stepped back, feeling his stomach get a little sick. He observed the people from the ambulance. He counted four people, all on their 40s - 50s. Looking for assurance, he looked at Jaemin, the person he trusts the most with his gut feeling.

He saw the older guy shake his head affirming his thoughts. He gulped nervously, not knowing how to handle the situation. He knew that they indeed needed help since his friends, especially Donghyuck and Astrid were in critical condition, but he couldn't bring himself to trust these people.

One of the three old men spoke, again with an obvious korean accent, "Now, let's proceed and carry them-"

"No!" Jisung shouted before they get to touch Astrid. "We can handle it." he walked to Astrid, carrying her unconscious body. He turned to the others signalling them to carry the rest as well.

Jeno quickly glanced at Jaemin who was carrying Donghyuck, not really sure what Jisung is planning. He followed his gut and carried Mark again.

Rina looked around, finding where the kids have gone, only to find Hwayoung carrying Hayoon while hiding behind a wing. She was thankful of Hwayoung's quick instincts but how is she supposed to reach them to follow Jisung's instructions?

Chenle just carried Renjun, not even questioning Jisung's desicions.

Jisung saw the woman smile, signalling to put them in the ambulance. He faked a smile, slowly walking towards the vehicle. Inches below Astrid was the "bed" in the ambulance, he held her tightly, secretly pulling out the gun, aiming at the front wheels and shooting them.

After blasting the two, he lifted Astrid again, and all of them ran on the opposite direction of the car. He winced at the feeling of sprinting with his large open wound on his right leg.

Chenle mindlessly laughed, approving of the plan of his best friend. Though he was struggling to keep running with Renjun in his arms, he kept going.

Rina swiftly pulled Hwayoung with her, scooping Hayoon in her arms, holding him in one hands and supporting Hwayoung in the other.

Jisung heard the people rage behind them, giving him a hint of satisfaction. His plan worked. He knew that they can't catch up since their only vehicle is damaged and they can't pass over the crashed plane.

He then heard an engine roaring infront of them, making their direction bend to the right, aiming for another alley. Of course they have backup! Why won't they? Stupid! He huffed, running faster, feeling Astrid's head bop up and down on his arms with no support. "Damn, Astrid. Toughen up." he gritted his teeth, placing his hand at the back of her head.

"What's your plan now, genius!?" Rina screamed at him. Getting tired of dragging the kids.

Jisung thought of all the possibilities while running. However, all of them seemed to lead to the other team's victory. "They're locals! They know the area better than us!" he yelled back.

"What does than even imply!?" Jaemin screeched, the last one in the tail. He was almost held back by the driver of the car chasing them. He accelerated, catching up to Chenle, in the middle of the chase.

"Stop yelling! They can hear us, dumbass!" Jeno growled at them, tired of their brainlessness.

"Oh shit!" Rina cursed out loud, her pace slowing down quite a lot. She was now the target of the ambulance people.

Jeno saw her struggling so he took Hwayoung from her, throwing the kid on his shoulders. "Sorry, Hwayoung but you need to get ready for a bumpy ride." he whispered to the kid. He saw her nod so he smiled, tightening his grip to Mark.

Rina sighed, thankful of what he did. She catched up to others, gritting her teeth, forcing her legs to keep up with the boys. Maybe I should've passed out too, I could be the one being carried right now. She frowned.

Jisung was getting tired of chases, it was the third time they're in. He panted, quickly looking around for any entrances or exits once he spotted a dead end not so far from their route. He pointed at the alternate streets, yelling, "Split!"

When they reached the separate roads, they all sprinted into different directions, almost entering a maze considering the unfamiliar place. They haven't been here before and they can't recognize where they are, where they're going, and what to do.

Jisung looked behind him, relieved that the car went to the wrong direction. He was headed to a dark part of the street, he noticed that it was sunset, so it'll be a lot harder to find his way out. He didn't even notice how much time already passed since the plane crash.

He cursed in his head once he trailed his memories, finding out that Donghyuck is irresponsible enough that he crashed the plane, while sleeping. He wanted to pity the guy, he wanted to feel bad for him, but something in his conscience was telling him that he had the right to be mad, the right to feel this way because he was seeing the aftermath of his actions. Astrid was barely breathing. Her head is bleeding. There's a huge gash on her stomach that ripped her clothes and it's exposed. He can't even do anything about since he knew nothing about first aids.

He finally stopped running, he leaned his back to a brick wall covered in graffiti, slowly sliding down and placing Astrid on his legs. He breathed heavily, his shaky hands gently uncovering Astrid's face with her hair. He sighed once he saw the wound on her front head, cringing at how bad it looked and how painful would it feel.

He felt dizziness take over him, finally trusting his surroundings enough to close his eyes and rest for a moment.