Chapter 16:

As Jisung asked what they were doing, Astrid pushed pass him and entered the place with Gray and Rina. She fell down on the floor and groaned in exhaustion. Holding Hwayoung on one hand, she peeked over to the girl.

She was breathing heavily. She was having a hard time getting air into her lungs, and that struck Astrid into panic. She got on her knees and held Hwayoung's face. Looking into her eyes, she pushed all her hair away from her face. When Hwayoung's eyes twinkled at Astrid, she smiled.

That smile.

The smile that she always gave to her. The smile that held so many emotions. The smile that meant everything. The smile that assures Hwayoung that they're okay. The smile that is fake but sincere. The smile that she covered her pain with.

"You okay, Hwa?" Astrid whispered to the girl, kissing her sweaty forehead, she tasted the saltiness but she couldn't care less. She looked to Hwayoung's eyes for a moment. She's okay.

Jisung watched the scene in silence. He was confused. He wondered how they got here, how they found this place, how they got here safe. He looked at Gray, then to Rina, then to Astrid. He breathed out and held his temples.

Then, he heard a shaky breath behind him.

He turned around and saw Donghyuck, overflowing with relief. Jisung raised his brow, questioning what got him so relieved. Stepping closer, he just wanted answers.

"What did you do?" he said rather harshly. "Why did you bring them here?" Jisung was not angry at Donghyuck, but he was absolutely furious about the thought of the new arrived visitors wandering around, vulnerable at any threats. They could've been eaten anytime.

"I did what was right," Donghyuck breathed out. "I did what we were supposed to do, because you can't do it!" he raged quietly, gritting his teeth and pointing at Jisung. He had his finger in contact with the other's chest. "We can't just leave them there."

They were lucky that nobody heard them yet. The boys still haven't got to see the commotion, and it's best to be kept that way.

"I wanted them to come with us, Lee." Jisung removed Donghyuck's hands off himself. He did want them to come, he truly did, but after quarreling with his best friend for so long, he became tired and he gave up convincing him.

"Chenle didn't?" Donghyuck gave a smirk of disbelief. "He didn't? Of course he didn't. Why would he?" he continued. He did understand that they fought but he didn't know the context of it, nor the reason why Chenle wore that stone cold expression all the time.

Gray discreetly handed Hayoon to Rina and took the bags from her shoulders in exchange. She looked around and gulped down the frustration building up on her throat.

She helped Astrid up from the floor, and she sighed shortly, still tired from the run.

As Donghyuck and Jisung progressively became louder, Mark came out to see what was causing the noise. His steps creaked everytime on the brittle hardwood floor and they were loud enough to overpower Jisung and Donghyuck's voice, and that caused them to shut their mouths.

"What is going on here?" he ruffled his hair, messy and all over the place. It was obvious that he just woke up from a nap. His gaze were on the floor so he didn't notice the girls just yet.

Mark yawned and stretched his limbs, making a very unpleasant sound come out of his mouth, and the time he looked up, his jaw dropped on the floor.

"You again? Why are you here? Wait- am I still dreaming?" he rubbed his eyes to see for himself. He slapped himself, pinched himself. "No way, you guys are really here?" his tone was a bit too excited for someone that was accepting a uninvited visitor.

"Why do you sound so happy?" Gray chuckled.

Rina noticed that her voice sounded strained and tired, which she was, so she shrugged this off and slowly bounced Hayoon in her arms.

"I am." Mark laughed.

Astrid raised her brows at his statement. "You are?" she pressed her lips in a thin line, not knowing what to say. She would like it if they offered for them to sit somewhere comfortable and in a much more convenient place, not just stay infront of the entrance door, but she wouldn't dare to say that outloud.

"What is going on here?" Jeno said the exact same words as Mark did. As he scanned the area, he immediately took notice of the familiar faces that they met only a few days ago.

"Astrid?"

"Yep, that's me." she stood frozen on her feet, feeling awkward. Most likely, she'll say something sarcastic like 'no? are you blind or something?' or 'hahaha great job! you have perfect vision!' but this was not the time.

Gray held Astrid's arm, stabling herself. Her vision was getting a bit spinny, but she tried her best to keep it cool.

Astrid put her hand over Gray's, aware that she was feeling a bit bad, but Gray always feel bad after marathons or things that challenge your lungs, she didn't show much concern.

The fight was no longer present as soon as they saw Mark in the place but Jisung still scowled at Donghyuck who stand too close to him for his own liking.

"Should I call the other guys?" Jeno gestured to the long hallway.

Mark nodded, grabbing the stuff the girls brought and heading over to the 'living room'. Surprise surprise. We're stuck together again. It's such a coincidence that we meet in similar situations for the second time. he snickered at his own thoughts.

Rina opened her mouth to say something, but her mind was seriously clouded. It took a while to organize her thoughts. "Just like that? No angry statements?" she referred to Mark.

"No angry statements," Donghyuck repeated ger words. "Do you want me to point a baseball bat at your face or something? Besides, Jisung was angry, so.." he trailed off.

Astrid smiled at the previous comment. That was the first time they met. Baseball bat to the face.

Her smile soon faltered while she saw a specific black haired boy. His expression was more agrivated than surprised, that didn't intimidate her. She was more curious as to why he suddenly hated them. The first they met, he was begging Jisung to stay with them, but now, now what?

"What are they doing here?" he asked Jisung as if Astrid wasn't, they weren't infront of him. He ignored their presence but he acknowledged it at the same, it angered Astrid a little.

How can he do that? What even is his deal with us? With me!? Astrid thought as she clenched her fists. She just wanted to know why he's so angry at them. He didn't even have a reason to be angry. Maybe it was the uncomfortable sleeping bag or something? She never thought of that.

Jisung opened his mouth to speak, but Gray suddenly collapsed on the floor. She was pale and sweaty.

She's unconscious.