Chapter 11:

Park Jisung stood in the middle of a noisy chaos. Was he the one that caused this? Absolutely not. Well, maybe just a little bit. He was being scolded by his older friends, nagging left and right. Jaemin was yelling at him for being 'stupid' and saying something like 'how can we leave this place if you know there are a hundred of zombies outside?'

All he can do us sigh, as he knew that he isn't the one to blame. As he grew tired of the yelling, he groaned and hushed the boys. "Can you just stop talking? We all need sleep here, and you're wasting energy by blabbering. I haven't gotten a single minute of rest. We all know it's Donghyuck's fault."

With that, it became uncomfortably quiet. Donghyuck held a surprised face and pointed at himself. "You're blaming me?" he faked a cry and dramatically placed his hand over his chest.

"Jisung's right. We need to rest, and so we can talk about our plan in detail." Mark nodded, agreeing with what Jeno said. They had two rooms in total, one being a guest room and the other being the master bedroom. They've already assigned the places and it's just about time they sleep and rest.

As unfortunate as it sounds, Jisung really can't get away from his best friend. Chenle was going to sleep with him, along with Renjun and Donghyuck - you already know it's going to be a mess.

They are certainly unfamiliar with the place. A large king sized bed lay in the middle of the room, the floor covered with a fluffy white carpet, and curtains hanging from the windows. It was from a rich family, that's for sure.

Mentioning the one large bed, Donghyuck and Renjun immediately dove into the soft mattress calling it theirs for the night or the day, seeing the sun shining outside. Jisung just exhaled and sat on the soft floor, thanks to the carpet.

Chenle shot out whines of complaints, though he just ended up sitting on the floor too. He sulked for a while but sleep hit him like a truck and he snored, along with the duo sleeping soundly on the bed.

The youngest rolled his eyes but his lips curved up to a smile nonetheless. Staring at Chenle and finding his position uncomfortable, he went out of the room and searched for the ladies.

His hands became damp as he took every step and his heart pumped a beat faster. He surely isn't fond of interacting with female species, except for him mom. It's not that girls are bad, he just doesn't know how to act with them so he just ends up acting cold and tough which is quite the opposite of him, really.

Once he spotted a girl on the living room floor, he cleared his throat causing the toddler and the girl to look up to him. He tried to remember what her name was, but even with all efforts he can't recall it so he got himself into a pretty awkward situation.

"Hey, Asteroid..?" he rubbed the back of his head.

Rina was listening and she used all her strength in effort to not start laughing. Gray looked at her friend, internally dying. She shrugged, confused by the behavior. Rina pointed to the two, signalling to listen to the conversation.

"It's Astrid, thank you very much," she smiled, a hint of sarcasm lacing through her voice. Astrid found the name hilarous and she was laughing inside, but she couldn't just burst out like that, she decided to keep it in. "Can I help you?" she continued.

Jisung wanted to dig his grave right at that moment but his face showed embarrassment as it turned full on bright red. He coughed, patting his chest in attempt to contain himself.

"Uh, do you guys have sleeping bags? I don't think we can sleep on the floor. Sorry for the burden by the way. I think we're leaving the next day." he explained, observing Astrid's face for any emotions.

"Oh, we actually have them in the cabinets in the master bedroom. In the storage cabinets? I think? Yeah, and don't worry about it. I was just grumpy in the morning." Astrid laughed, relieving the tension Jisung had felt.

"If you guys feel uncomfortable, you can always sleep here in this huge couch. It's really comfy. Make yourself at home." Astrid smiled slightly, pointing to the cream colored cushions.

Jisung nodded, murmuring a small thank you to her before brisk walking to the bedroom. He scolded himself, telling why he didn't check those huge cabinets first.

With a sigh, he had found the stuff he was looking for so he poked Chenle awake, placing him in the bag before getting himself in another one.

In the meantime, Gray bursted out laughing in the kitchen. With Rina and Astrid joining her, the grabbed their stomachs praying that they won't hear them busting their lungs out.

"Oh- oh gosh, he's so cute. Astrid who? I only know Asteroid." Gray acted out, snapping to herself. Astrid only found this funnier so she laughed harder than before.

"Cut it out, Gray. The poor guy was nervous." Astrid defended, wiping her tears from laughing.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Astrid, he said that they're gonna leave the day after tomorrow. Isn't that the day we're leaving too?" Hwayoung innocently asked, paying attention to the small detail Jisung said earlier.

Rina hummed in response, Astrid nodded and hushed the girl. "That's something we, grown ups need to talk about." she giggled, tickling Hwayoung down on the warm floor.

It was unfortunate that the kids seemed to have limited their childhood experiences, and the girls, especially Astrid, wanted to make them the happiest they can be. She was willing to risk her life for them, as she grew fond of Hayoon and Hwayoung over the three days she had been with the siblings.

As soon as Hayoon made a noise, Gray immediately rushed to the nursery, rocking the baby side to side, attempting to calm him down. "Hayoon, do you want a bottle? Yeah? Okay, let's go." Gray mumbled in her baby voice, alluring the baby boy.

She had always liked kids, she was an only child so you can guess how lonely she felt in her childhood, but that completely changed after the two other girls joined her life and they made it much more interesting.

After successfully feeding Hayoon a bottle, she carried him to the living room where Hwayoung and Astrid are now playing.

"Do you think we need to talk to them about our plan?" Rina sat on the sofa, watching over the kids. Astrid had no choice but to say yes, knowing that they can actually be useful. "Maybe they have a plan on their own. Who knows?" Astrid shrugged, unaware that she was actually correct with ther assumption.

And little do they know, they're headed at the same destination.