Chapter 6:

Swinging her bare feet up her bed, veins and faint wrinkles protruding the now thin skin, she sighed, overwhelmed by what was happening. She had always expected for dangers — one like this, to come. It was for sure unstoppable, inevitable, and impossible to predict. She just didn't want to accept it. Especially since now, they're more than happy with their lives.

Resting her head to the lonesome headboard, which creaked, a sign that the wood was certainly old and almost broken, reminded her that she should probably move out soon.

Her being old, it was hard to live on her own. Though she refused the help the others were offering, she indeed, undoubtedly, needed it.

Stubborn, that's what she is.

Admittedly, her life was a nightmare. Literally. She dreamt of future events, all of which seemed not so good. The most recent dreams, however, was what sent her to worry. The living, the dead, the conscious, the unconscious, the awake, the asleep — all chaotic.

Doom was fated to happen. It always was.

A groan left the lady's lips as she tried to sit up straight — which she obviously failed to do. A frown formed on her face, mouth tugging down, eyebrows creasing.

Her profile was indeed old, yet no one, no one, can deny her beauty. Her once flawless skin now filled with wrinkles, nothing seemed to change but age.

Worries sank in, almost forgetting the most important part of the dream- well, nightmare, she had to stop the person.

Hastily getting up, a few cracks was heard, she headed to the door leading outside. Her slippers were kinda too big for her petite figure but no one cared.

She stepped outside, breathing in the fresh air — "I need to stop him."

⋆⋆⋆

"Jisung, where the fuck are you!?" Jaemin's voice was heard, in distress and panic. Dream just encountered a flesh eating creature which they obviously haven't heard from the news yet. Unfortunately, only Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun were together as they planned on going to the arcade.

They tried contacting the others, but it's clearly not working. Only the youngest have answered so far, which somehow provided relief and more unnecessary anxiety at the same time.

The boy was out in the open, doing groceries for his beloved family. Hear the sarcasm. He was confused as to why the three boys were panicking — then, it strucked.

Zombies filled in the store. Jisung's eyes snapped open, size of a spoon. He cursed under his breath, scolding himself for not watching the news.

He gripped his groceries tightly, keeping it close to himself. He made a ran to the counter, not bothering to pay and placing the food to a paper bag. Looking around intently, he almost peed his pants when he saw one behind him.

Taking a pole — which came out of nowhere — he bonked it to the zombie's head, feeling sorry not too long after. He hissed once he saw the entrance, which is also the only way out, being blocked.

A huge hoard of green disgusting creatures got attracted by the screams of pedestrians, thus heading into the direction of the store.

Pacing to a less crowded area, he tried to be as quiet as possible. Think, Jisung! Think! he pinched his nose bridge.

As if a lightbulb lighted in his brain he thought of a genius — self proclaimed — plan. The emergency exit.

And it was obvious enough that the galaxy, the universe rather, is not on his side. The lights all blew off, along with the air conditioning hinting that the electricity got cut off.

He almost collapsed in frustration right there. Taking his phone out, he quickly put on the torch, placing a finger to the flashlight so that it was dim, careful not to attract others, but bright enough for him to see.

With hesitant steps, sweaty hands, and fidgety senses, he managed to run out of the store. A little bottle of joy came into his body, along with a little relief — but this ended once he thought of his parents.

Oh, please be safe.

He groaned once he saw a zombie chasing after him. Unnoticeable skin, light grey eyes which was almost matching the whites, and the funky smell. It was indeed a zombie.

Stopping into a halt, he looked for a possible weapon. Eyes scanning the road, he saw a rock at the corner of his eye.

Carefully sprinting towards the material, he smashed it onto the zombie's face. With enough distractions, he continued to run to his house.

Being on alert, he payed close attention to his surroundings, especially since his house is kinda far away. Regretting that he didn't take the car, he gritted his teeth.

A loud noise of an engine woke him up from his thought, he looked up, finding Chenle staring at him. He stopped his tracks and clicked his tongue.

"Hello there, Park. Here's your hero to save you," The boy smirked confidently, gesturing Jisung to hop on.

"No thanks-"

"Just ride it, man. Do you want these zombies eating you? I think not,"

The younger rolled his eyes and hesitantly sat on the motorbike. Chenle's eyes seeked adventure and uncertainty, he roared the bike and quickly sped up.

Thankfully, they didn't attract any more hell living creatures, leaving a sigh of relief on Jisung's lungs — well, that turned to a scream.

Once Chenle noticed an empty road, he immediately accelerated, in a speed where you would feel the adrenaline rush to every vein in your body and Jisung doesn't really like that.

"What the fuck?" the passenger smacked the driver's arm, causing them to glide to the side. It only added more panic to him and Chenle just laughed.

"Your fault,"

One scowled, almost burning holes to the other's head. "You know I can feel you staring, right?"

"Yeah whatever,"

"Not even a thank you, tsk!" he clicked his tongue, taking off his helmet before going inside Jaemin's house. "Get in, or you want to commit suicide?" he said, referring to the zombies.

Glancing around, he smiled slightly before stepping in and following his best friend.

"Thanks for the ride, I guess.."