Chapter 1:

"Goodbye class. Please enjoy your summer break."

"Finally!" Astrid got up her seat and excitedly went to her friends, Rina and Gray. Walking by a few students, she politely waved and smiled.

"Hey, Astrid!" Rina, the eldest among the two, greeted the 17 year old.

"Yo, guess what?" Gray chimed in. She squealed and grabbed her bag before dragging the two to the school hallway.

"You're surely not excited, are you?" Astrid laughed, touching her bag strap out of habit.

"My parents are staying out of town," Gray shared while squeezing in the place full of students.

"So? Throw a party or something," The eldest nudged the girl, teasing.

"You know I'm not into those stuff," She shook her head, walking to her locker with her two friends only watching.

"Then why are you so excited about them leaving?" Astrid leaned on the lockers, pulling a lollipop out her pocket, popping it on her mouth.

Gray raised her brow to the girl before smiling. "We're staying at my house."

"Woah what? My mom will make a fuss if I went out for more than an hour." Astrid rolled her eyes, walking with the girls.

They lived fairly close to each other with the same neighborhood and subdivision.

"Come on! Maybe you can convince her this time. You never come to our sleepovers." Rina wiggled her eyebrows.

Astrid just shrugged. She had strict parents, her normal teenager activities were always monitored. She can't do anything freely.

"I'll try." She sighed.

"Hey, what's with that face? Don't worry, babe. It's okay. We don't want to force anything." Gray patted Astrid's hips, totally understanding the situation. It's been like this since the start, nothing's new.

"I know. You guys are so understanding but I can't help but feel guilty because I'm always not going in our hangouts." She looked at them.

"Astrid, you don't need to feel that way. I'm assuring you, it's okay." Rina softly rubbed her arm, comforting her friend.

"Okay. How 'bout we go to your house, ask your mom or your dad, whoever is fine, and let's just hope that they say yes, is that good?" Gray suggested with her signature grin.

"Yeah sure-"

"Wait! We need to appeal to them! Let's get flowers and uh- what do you call those? Rice cakes! They love those, right?" Rina faced the girls. Astrid smiled at her, appreciating the fact that she remembers what her family's favorite dish was.

"Calm down, Rina. And yes, let's get some!" Both Gray and Rina dragged Astrid to the town plaza. The place has stalls all over along with people buying stuff. "Rina, go buy the rice cakes while we choose the flowers." Gray pushed the girl before gripping Astrid's wrist and going to the flower section.

"Hey- that girl," Rina rolled her eyes and proceeded to buy what she was told.

"Why does it feel like we're courting Astrid's parents?" she chuckled to herself.

⋆⋆⋆

"Woah slow down, Gray."

"What's your parent's preferences?" Gray scanned the big selection of flowers infront of them.

"Uh, I don't really know-"

"Hi miss! Do you sell flowers that parents like?"