Chapter 14: A Busy Day

When the Moon Fell for the Sun
(Chapter 14: A Busy Day)

You scrubbed the dishes lightly, careful not to make a single scratch on them. You heaved a sigh as you took another plate. You don't know why but every time you do the chores, the job gets harder.

A proof or example?

Like right now. You're pretty sure that the dishes are not 'this' high before. Of course that varies-- depending on how much a person eats and how many people eats-- but you knew that you don't have any guests today. There's no occasion for today either.

'How can there be so many dishes today?' You wondered.

You sighed again. You're not fond of chores. You don't like it at all.

The thought of being a maid of the Phantomhive household only appeared because of the sole fact that you want to be close to Ciel. That's it.

If only you can sign a contract with a hot, sexy demon-- like Sebastian-- to be your butler, you would have done it a long, long time ago. Of course you'll say that it's impossible-- especially if you asked your previous self-- but right now, you're having second thoughts. You knew for yourself that those mere characters are not real but here you are, interacting to them with every single day that passes.

You took yet another sigh as you glanced on your to-do-list. It was written by the Young Earl Phantomhive. It seems like a punishment for something based on how long the list is.

Things to do:

-Brew my Morning Tea
-Do the dishes
-Clean my room
-Put my books back in their respective shelves
-Do the laundry
-Tend the garden
-Bring me some Hershey's Kisses. And Toblerone. Just bring me the whole box.
-Reattach the button from my coat
-Lend me your laptop
-Clean Finny's room.
-Clean Mey-rin's room.
-Clean Bardroy's room.
-Make a mess out of Sebastian's room.
-Cook dinner
-Do not go out. You're under quarantine.

You sighed again. So far you've only finished two tasks-- the first one and the second one-- and yet, you're already feeling drained and tired.

You felt an urge to yawn.

"Aw~ our dear Y/n is still sleepy," you heard Mey-rin mumble near the door.

"We need to go. We still need to do something."

"But Bardroy, Mey-rin and I still want to know how Y/n's day off went--"

"Let's just ask her later! Sebastian gave us an important task. We shouldn't let him down!"

"Yes!" Mey-rin and Finny answered. You can hear their footsteps slowly disappearing.

You let out another sigh. You tried your best to forget what happened on your day-off but all your efforts just keep going down to the drain. You still can't forget it no matter what. You didn't even sleep properly last night because of that.

"What happened anyway?" The fairy asked, munching a cookie to which you stared at. "What are you looking at-- oh, sorry. Your secret stash of cookies seem tasty so I couldn't help but eat just one cookie. Just one tiny piece..."

You squinted your eyes at the fairy. "Uhuh?"

"Juuuust one... O-okay, fine!" She admitted, raising her hands up like she was caught by the police. "I ate 6 cookies from your stash..."

You kept on staring at her.

"...plus 10 cookies..."

You raised your eyebrow.