Chapter 15 Part 2: A Well-Known Condiment

When the Moon Fell for the Sun
(Chapter 15 Part 2: A Well-Known Condiment)

"NO-! We won't go to the manor!!" You suddenly shouted at the top of your lungs, causing Ciel and Rebecca to flinch and look at you with a confused face. You even removed your mask, thinking that if you scream, it won't be loud enough.

Even though you can't see Sebastian, you're sure he was shocked too by your unexpected screaming because the carriage stopped abruptly, making you close your eyes as you fly and fall.

When you opened them, you saw Ciel's face looking right back at you. He looks surprised and you found yourself kneeling on the floor with your body between his legs while he was locked between your arms. A kabedon, perhaps.

You blushed very hardly as you looked away, muttering a 'sorry' while you sat on your seat properly. You stole a glance of him, and you can see that he's red as well, based on his reflection on the window that he's facing.

"S-sorry for that. A-are you guys alright?" Asked Sebastian who's currently doing his best not to laugh in the presence of his master. "Ehem. Where will we go then if not the Phantomhive's manor?"

"S-sebastian, let's just stick to the original destination," Ciel ordered, to which his butler replied, "Yes, my lord."

"J-just Missy," he called. "Would you like to tell us why you don't want to go to my manor?"

"U-uhm... well... My sister and I-- uh.. Don't have it in ourselves to-- um.. dine in such a luxurious place as we're only commoners. I hope you understand.." You lied as you stuttered without looking at him because you're embarrassed. "And it's not 'Just Missy.' It's Mi--"

"Well then."

~*~

Ciel and the others stared at you while you ate the food on the table.

You don't know what you look like, you don't know what's happening around you, and you can't see anything but the food.

Actually, it's not 'you don't know.' It should be 'you don't care.'

When eating, you're just focusing on savoring every bite until you finish it-- grab another plate, then do the whole process again-- especially because you didn't eat anything ever since your legs dragged you home from the ball. 

Also, every time you eat, you feel like you're having a heart-to-heart moment with the food. Because at some point of time when you're eating, you just randomly stare at the heaven-sent-edible-thing. You'll bore your eyes at the plate, and everyone who sees you will either think of you as a weirdo, a person experiencing problems, or a human being who doesn't like the food in front (which rarely happens). 

But in fact, what really happens is that you're just making a scenario in your head-- be it about action, comedy, romance, horror, or the last anime episode that you've watched, you name it. You can feel your creative self finally awake with every expectations you have when 'that' type of person appears and snaps you back to reality.

You sighed mentally when you remembered that you haven't eaten anything yet today.

'Who'll have time to eat, when you're given a bunch of chores that aren't for a person but for a demon-!' You ranted to yourself as you swallowed. 'Why did I even want to be a Phantomhive servant? Oh yeah, right. To get close to that grumpy boy who's hot af-- oh. I finished the food already. Whatever, might as well, grab another plate of foo-- oh-for-the-second-time. There's no more edible blessing. Man, I still want to eat--'