Chapter 1: On the Other Side

-★-
When the Moon fell for the Sun,
Her darkest nights became bearable.
The Moon wants to be with him,
But she can only watch from afar.
-★-

"Have you heard of the star that grants wishes?"

"It was said that she grants the wishes of people who deserves it; whether you are rich or not, sick or healthy, a male or a female---"

"They also say that there's a higher chance she'll hear your plea if it's a poem..."

"But it comes with a price."

...
When the Moon Fell for the Sun
(Chapter 1: On the Other Side)

IT'S RAINING. You watched how the water droplets fall from the gray skies. It's still class hours, but your classmates act like it's suspended right now. They started packing their things and some of them even intend to go home already. The others kept on talking to their dearest friends and some of your classmates play with their phones. 

Sadly, you can't do any of those even though you want to because you are instructed by your teacher to do some errands for her. Whatever those errands are, you still don't know. You could refuse, like what other students will do, but you are respectful and just can't bring yourself to say those rude words. 'At least I have one thing I'm good at,' you thought to yourself.

Truth to be told, being a respectful person is only a part of your reason why you decided to do some errands for your teacher. It's actually because you are late. It's the first time you became late and you're just doing her a favor so that you wouldn't be in the detention room. In fact, you are late because you have an Anime Marathon. You stayed up late at night just to see your Anime crush. Not just that. You also watched the morning news, hoping and waiting for the announcement that classes are suspended. 

Your effort didn't go to waste. Classes are actually suspended, but as the school you're attending to says, "Mhillington High, a school unique as ever!" 

'If this second house wants to be unique as possible, then, congratulations, my dear school! You're so unique, you're the only school that didn't suspend classes!' You said to yourself while walking through the hallway. The plickety-plop sound coming from the rain as it knocks on the window is so loud, you're sure that there's a storm.

"Y/N!"

You came back to your senses when somebody called your name. You turned around and faced the person who called you. It's your boy best friend, Alex. "Y/N!" He shouted. "Why are you walking in this hallway alone?" He asked, catching his breath. He's not that much of an athlete, unlike you. You mentally raised your eyebrows, puzzled by his question. "You're also walking alone, Alex."

"Whatever," Alex said. You started walking and he follows you. "So... Do you mind telling me what are you doing here?" Alex asked. 

"I should ask you the same."

"Come on, Y/n. I asked you first," he insisted.

"Well, I need to do some errands for our teacher because I am late."

"Let me guess. You did an Anime marathon last night didn't you?"

"H-how did you know?!"

"Well, there are two reasons. First, it's because I am your best friend. And second, it's because I am your best friend," he said and laughed with matching actions. You don't know if what he said is a joke or something, but either way, you don't find it funny like he does.