Chapter 21: I've Got Your Back Now

When the Moon Fell for the Sun
(Chapter 21: I've Got Your Back Now)

You saw him flash a little smirk when your eyes met, the huge window pane in the hallway lets the afternoon sunlight pass through, warming the whole place.

"You're back."

You fought the urge to smile but you can't help it--- especially when your roommate actually helped and waited for you to get out of that detention room. You stood there as you stared at his face. You kind of wished that time would stop right here and then, that you don't have to go back to your original world, that you can say and do what you really want to, and that you won't have to hold your feelings back. But all you can do is just hope that the time when you have to wrap him in your arms and say those three words wouldn't come. In short, you at least want him to know that he is not alone. That he has you.

"What are you going to say next?" The fairy interrupted your train of thoughts. "You have me, a maid, a lowly servant, a loyal pawn, and a friend? You're using that line again?"

'Whatever,' you mentally replied.

"Are you just going to stand there and look at me?" Ciel spoke as his voice echoed through the hall. "I need to go. I have something to do."

"Eh? And what is that?" You asked while you start to catch his pace since he had a head start. "Wait up!"

"Did you forget already? I have an audience with the prefects and their fags at the Swan Gazebo," he reminded when you caught up with him. "The cookies and tea are made by Sebastian already so you don't have to worry about it."

"I remember now," you mumbled. "Oh, I also remembered. I want to say something to you earlier but I didn't get the chance to---"

"Can you tell it to me later?" He suggested. "I can't afford to be late in front of them."

"But---"

"Y/n, we'll still meet during dinner time and we also share a room so we have plenty of time for that," he cut through once more. "You can go to our room first. Don't get in trouble again, you understand?"

He dashed towards the campus lawn outside the building as you heaved out a sigh.

"What are you going to tell him anyway?" The fairy questioned. "You're going to say thanks?"

'Yes, but I was going to tell him that before we sleep. I just want to say that he's already late for two hours,' you thought after taking a quick glance of your watch. 'They're probably done meeting up there and it will greatly affect his social standing and their judgement towards Ciel.'

"But how?" The little fairy wondered. "Did someone inform him the wrong time?"

'Maybe,' you telepathically answered. 'In the manga, Maurice purposely gave him the incorrect detail--- specifically the time. But even if Maurice still went with the original flow, I doubt Ciel will believe him, judging on how that Maurice Cole left a really bad first impression on us.'

"Maurice is already kicked out, right? How will he be able to relay that wrong message to Ciel then?"

'Ciel was already invited even before I was accused which means Maurice was not yet saying his goodbye's during that moment.'

"Oh. How about that other thing that you said? What if Ciel really didn't believed Maurice's words. Why is he still late?"

'Perhaps.. because of me,' you answered. 'Whether he knows the correct time or not, he still helped me get out of the mess I was involved in and it surely cost him some valuable number of hours--- judging on how he sprinted just a few minutes ago.'