Chapter 12: The Reason Behind It

When the Moon fell for the Sun
(Chapter 12: The Reason Behind It)

"I'm so sorry! I didn't m-mean to—"

"Y/n?"

You froze. 'H-how did he possibly know my name?' You thought. Right now you're choosing whether you'll worry about the fact that he knew your name, or the fact that you just stained a very good and expensive looking coat of a very handsome and elite looking boy.

'Calm down. It's not like he really knows who you are,' you said to yourself.

"Will you please follow me— uh— sir?" You asked, after choosing that you should worry first about the coat. Besides, if the person you are talking to right now is dangerous, you knew for yourself that you can defend yourself. And you clearly have the advantage because you have your little fairy with you.

You saw him nodding as a reply.

You hastily reached for his hand, a cup of fear and embarrassment feeling up your lungs and stomach. You can feel your hands shaking slightly, and you wished that the person you're holding hands with won't notice it.

"I'm so sorry... I really didn't mean it," you said once again. You kept on repeating that phrase many times already. You don't even know what face he's making right now because you're in front of him but what's for sure is that he's not saying anything at all after all those apologizing you have said. If saying sorry really does degrade a person, you'll have a negative role or status. 

"Y/n, based on my radar," the fairy called, a frown plastered on her tiny and fragile face. "The wine you just spilled on that person is a certain type of red wine that's much older than your grandmother. Such a waste."

'Are you for real? You're really worried over that wine than the vest?'

"Honey, don't you dare 'are you for real?' this pretty fairy of yours. You know, I'm doing you a big favor by saying the prices of the items you just wasted or destroyed."

'How is that going to help me?'

"At the very least, it will help you prepare yourself for the punishment you might receive," the fairy chuckled.

'Gee, thanks.' You replied sarcastically. The fairy was about to say "no problem" when the person you're dragging interrupted.

"Miss? Do you perhaps know where you are going?" He paused. "Or rather, where WE are going?"

"Uh... y-yESs! Of course. It's just right.... Here! Yes. Right here," you said with a smile after laughing nervously. You're so embarrassed of yourself that you're praying that the ground will open up, swallow you, and spit you out when this whole masquerade ball is over.

You entered the room you just found— keeping in your mind that this can be considered as trespassing— and you took a quick glance of him, making sure that you're dragging the right person and not just some random person near the bar.

'He's so hot— STOP IT Y/N!— but he's just so hot I can't— NO!' You thought, shaking your head as if it really helps you get rid of any multi-colored thoughts corrupting your brain.

With your eyes roaming around, you noticed that the room was quite small— you don't even know what kind of room it is. It has a vintage wallpaper with an aesthetic vibe to it. There was no one present in the room except for the two of you, but the lampshades were open. There was also a clean handkerchief on the table beside the bed.

'Weird,' you thought. 'It's as if spilling the red wine on him was planned—'

"M-miss?" You heard him call.