Chapter 8: Jealous

When the Moon Fell for the Sun
(Chapter 8: Jealous)

"Don't leave me. Stay, I'm bored," Ciel commanded you, his voice full of authority filling the whole room. Alois and Claude are surprised, and so do you. You felt a tingling sensation in your heart, and you felt butterflies flying in your stomach just because of single command. You felt so happy just because of those words and you cherish them even though you knew that what he said has no romantic meaning and it has no label. You don't care. You are just happy.

"Yes, My lord," you said and bowed. You watched Ciel sip his tea until he finished all the contents in the cup.

"Aren't you busy, Young Master?" You asked while cleaning his table, removing the cup and tray in front of him.

"I already finished my paper works."

An 'oh' escaped your mouth as you ask him another question. "And because of that, you are bored?"

He left out a sigh. "Do you know how to play chess, Y/n?" He asked, completely ignoring your question.

'Yeah, right. The typical chess game he offers to almost every person in his manor. Based on what I watched, nobody has ever won against Ciel. Why? Because that's my Ciel.' You thought, smiling unconsciously and tapping the floor with your shoes while you placed the cup on the tray.

If only he's your boyfriend, you can say that sentence in front of everyone proudly. But no. You are only his maid. Nothing more, nothing less.

You felt his eye staring at you and so you took a glance of him and you are right. You raised your eyebrow, confused as to why he stares at you with a slightly puzzled look.

"I asked you if you know how to play chess," he said, placing his arms on the table as he crossed his fingers and rested his chin above it. His attention is on you and he waited patiently for your answer —which is odd. Maybe he really is that bored.

"Y-yes, Young Master." Well, you are correct. When there is a vacation or summer break, you didn't just spend your time watching animes. You spent time mastering chess so that you will be of the same level of professionalism as Ciel's.

Of course that's another stupidity you're thinking of. Why? You're not even winning any game in chess! And even if you did— well, you did once— it's because your boy best friend, Alex, helped you.

No. Don't feel astonished by his skills in chess. He laughs at you every time you lose in chess. Which means he laughs at you like... a lot.

At least there is still a possibility that you'll win.

Too bad that it's only 0.000000000000001%— in short, only in your dreams.

A smirk formed on Ciel's lips upon hearing your words. "Very well, Y/n. Let's play."

~★~

"Well, do you think you can beat me?" He asked, slouching on his chair and stared at you while you arrange and set the board game. You felt conscious about your looks and you became shy just a little bit.

"I'm not that sure but, I trust my skills very well so, there is a possibility that I can beat you," you replied before hearing him chuckle while he shook his head.

"Let's see if you can beat me. Nobody has ever done it actually." He added.

You placed the last piece on the board and sat on a chair which is very comfortable in your opinion. Every chair and seat is comfortable for you anyway. You made yourself bounce a little bit, liking how springy the chair was.