Chapter 15: The Case of the Missing Ladies

A/N:  I'm not able to update yesterday and the other days since my laptop had some problems (How I wish it would be fixed already.. TwT). I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. Please do vote, comment, and share if you do. Merry Christmas and Advanced Happy New Year. Stay safe!

...
When the Moon Fell for the Sun
(Chapter 15: The Case of the Missing Ladies)

You took bigger steps than you're usually doing before. You can see the crowd slowly coming closer as you went towards it.

Listening to gossips and such aren't your cup of tea back at your world, especially because you have an image to maintain-- keeping in mind that you are the chosen representative to be the face of the whole academy.

However, here in the anime world, you no longer have that burden on your shoulders. In fact, you're also not a maid now-- thanks to your disguise. So whether you take part in those gossiping circles or not, you'll have nothing to lose. Instead, you might even get something just by lending your ears--- information.

Valid or not at least you'll get a hint of what's possibly happening.

You were about to take another step when you felt something-- or perhaps someone-- tugging your skirt, causing you to lower your head and stop from your tracks.

"M-missy.." It's a crying little girl; her voice as cute as her height. "C-can you help me? My big sister... *sniffs* I-I can't find my big sister..."

"When did you last see your sister?" You asked with a comforting tone.

She blinked several times, and she bore her eyes unto you like she can't believe that you're talking to her.

"M-my big sister went missing last week... *sniff* I haven't seen her since then.."

You exchanged glances with the little fairy.

The question 'what will you do' is painted on the flying creature's confused face. You saw the fairy shooting a sideward glance on the crowd; as if she's saying that the destination is just a few meters away-- and that there are police officers there that'll surely help the crying child.

"Choose, Y/n," said the fairy. "Are you a wannabe detective or a wannabe babysitter?"

You heaved a sigh as you knelt before the little girl. You want to keep asking questions, but you don't want to make her hopes high. Besides, someone might think of you as a kidnapper, a human trafficker, or something along those lines if you helped her yourself.

"Forgive me... Missy won't be able to help you find your sister," you spoke as you gently held her shoulders. "You should ask help from a professional and licensed person like the police, and not from a total stranger like me."

"B-but Missy...!" She whined. "The police officers are also strangers to me *sniff* they even look scary unlike you... because you look like my sister."

"You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover-- but that's not the point here. I'm sure that they'll help you. Missy has to do something else," you explained as you took a quick glance of the nearby crowd again. Even if it's a case-- like what the fairy said-- or not, it still successfully piqued your curiosity.

"There's an officer stationed right there," you pointed out before looking at her again. "I'll walk with you until we reach that corner."

As soon as you step foot on the other side of the street, you can already hear the indistinct chatting of the people that are gathered.

"Excuse me. What's happening here?" You inquired, still holding the hand of the little girl.

A woman in front looked at you curiously, there's something in her gaze that makes you feel belittled somehow.