Chapter 16

*Derek's POV*

   I drove into my house and parked my car in the garage. I rose my left wrist to check the time. It read eight O clock.
I wasted a lot of time with Lola.
Listening to her tales on how she haven't found her mate and how happy she is that I have found mine.

   Speaking of mates what was with Veronica's behavior this morning?
Why was she crying?
I really have to go check on her.

   I moved to the front of the terrace and spotted Veronica sleeping. She was resting her head on a pillar.

"Why is she outside?" I said out loud as I moved nearer to her and shook her to wake up.

"Veronica, Veronica. Wake up!" I shouted as I kept on shaking her.

When did she become a deep sleeper?

"Um, what?" She said as she itched her hair, which was quite scattered.

"Let's go inside the house." I said as I bent down to carry her.

"Don't carry me. I don't want to go." She said as she pushed my hand away.

"Are you drunk?" I asked her.

"No, am not. I am angry with Derek!" She answered raising her voice at me.

"You are most certainly drunk." I said as I came nearer to sniff her. She reaked of alcohol. I wonder how much she took?.

"I am so angry with him. I'm starting to like him and he doesn't even care. All he cares about is Lola....why am I falling for a heartless vampire. Why?"
She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

  Is she referring to me? Obviously....but still....
"Am sorry. I was just joking. I care about you more. Lola is just my friend." I said as I came nearer to clean her tears off her cheeks.

"Really?" She said as she sat up and looked straight into my eyes.

"Yes." I said with a smile.

"Why do I keep falling for that smile and your handsome face?" She said.

"Let's go. You are very drunk." I said as I stood up.

"Wait..." She called out.
I bent down and waited for her to continue talking.

"I have been wanting to try this. I wonder how it will feel..." She said to me.

"What?" I asked

"This ..." She said as she drew me nearer by my collar and kissed me.

It was so surprising. Does she like me this much?

    After few seconds, she stopped kissing me.
" Wow, it is as nice as I imagined." She said as she stood up and kept on blushing.

   I can't stop now. She finally made me lose my grip. Kissing her feels amazing.

   I moved closer to her, lifted her head up and kissed her once more. Clashing my lips on hers, tasting every bit of her lips.

  Quite surprised on how she responded. She crossed her hands on my shoulders and drew me closer. I licked on her lips and she gave me entrance.  

  I ran my hand up and down her body, exploring every inch of her curves.

  My cute innocent mate is quite bad ass. Love it.

This feeling was nice. I wish it could last forever.
Yep, the emperor was right...
One kiss did do the trick.
I'm slowly fall in love with my human mate.