Chapter 15

*writer's POV*

"Veronica wake up. Wake up already!!" Lexis said.

"Yes , I'm up." Veronica said as she stretches and yawns lazily.

  Veronica opens her eyes but couldn't see clearly and used her hands to rub them and looks again.
"I'm in Derek's room." Veronica said as she sat up, resting her head on the bed board.

"Yeah. You freaking slept in his arms yesterday.... I want to ask you a question." Lexis said.

"Um-uh." Veronica hummed in response.

"Do you like Derek?" Lexis said.

"What? Why would I like him?" Veronica said as she felt my cheeks heating up.

"The question is why wouldn't you like him?" Lexis said.
"You totally act like you do." Lexis continued.

"You are joking Right? You are the opposite of me. I joke a lot, so you aren't suppose to." Veronica said as she gave out a little giggle.

"I don't joke. I know the way you feel about him and the way your heart races anytime he touches you." Lexis said in a serious tone.

"Okay, fine. Just a little. It will fade." Veronica said with a shabby smile.

"Okay. Ask him if he likes you. Even just a little." Lexis said.

"Why will I do that?" Veronica said .

"Just do it."lexis said raising her voice.

"Fine, let me go fine him." Veronica said as she removed the duvet covering her and moved towards the door.

     She heard some footsteps, so she waited at the side of the door near the wall, above a portrait Derek opened the door and door, closing it behind him. He spotted Veronica and stopped at her front.

   "You are up." Derek said with a smile.

"Yes I am. Are you going out. You seem all dressed up." Veronica said as she looked intensively at Derek's dressing.

"Yes, I'm going out. I came here to take my phone." Derek said as he moved to the table and picked his phone.

"I will be going now." Derek said as he took a step towards the door.

   Veronica held his hand as to make him stop moving.

"Wait. Where are you going?." Veronica said as she left his hand.

"Emperor's palace. I will like to check up on everyone, after what happened with the Balian's." Derek said as his phone rang and he picked up the call after looking at the caller's ID.

"Em...Lola? I'm on my way.....I will not forget...I will keep my promise and see you and spend sometime with you...I miss you too.... bye."
Derek said as he cut the phone.

"Who was that?" Veronica asked in a curious tone.

"...oh , her. She is my childhood friend. She is very beautiful, nice stature and the emperor's adviser. I promised to spend sometime with her....since I haven't for a very long time." Derek answered

"Oh, I understand." Veronica said, trying not to think about what just happened.

"Can I go now?" Derek asked.

"Wait, I have a question to ask you." Veronica said.

"What?"

"...Do you like me?" Veronica asked as she attained eye contact with Derek.

"Oh, because of what I said yesterday. I don't like you. I was just messing with you. Don't take it seriously." Derek answered as he looked at Veronica's expression change to disappointment.

"You were just messing with me. Why? Do I look like some toy with no emotions." Veronica says in a loud voice, filled with venom.

"You can go now. That's all I wanted to confirm." Veronica said as her eyes started tearing up.

"Wait..." Derek said as he gripped her hand.

"Don't touch me!!" Veronica said as she yanked her hand off his grip.

   She reached for the door and opened it. Leaving the room and banging it close behind her.

She moved quickly to her room and entered. She sat on the bed, before letting the tears fall down her cheek.

"Why are you crying?" Lexis said.

"I kept my hopes up for nothing." Veronica spat out, as more tears rushed out with quite sobs

"Geez, sorry. Okay. I never experienced this before. But it is painful, I can feel it all...you know we are connected."lexis said as she listened to Veronica's sobs getting louder.

She was sure that it wasn't because Derek said he didn't like her, but because she had fallen deeply for a heartless vampire.

"That's it! I will give Derek a brutal death....Veronica let me out. Now!!" Lexis said with so much anger.

"Don't worry. You will only make matters worst." Veronica said as she laid on the bed.

"Okay. Alcohol will do the job. It will make you forget your sorrows." Lexis said.

"Okay. I will ask vera for some." Veronica said as she reached for the switch nearby used to alert servants to a room.

   After a short while vera entered the room after a brief knock.
"Yes ma." Vera said with a bow down her waist.

"Get me some alcohol." Veronica commanded.

"Okay ma'am. But why?" Vera asked In a concerned tone.

"I need to forget something." Veronica said.

"Yes ma'am. I will bring it in a short while." Vera said as she bowed down and left the room.

  After about five minutes, vers entered with a tray filled with a bottle of red wine. And dropped it on a stool near her.

"Thank you." Veronica said as she watched vera open it and pour the content into a glass cup.

"I will be leaving now." Vera said as she turned around and left the room.

  Veronica sat up and kept on drinking even if it was better and ended up getting drunk.

A.n: Merry Christmas beautiful readers. Very sorry for the late update.😘😘

So...what do you think?😮
Pls comment.

Who hates Derek?😥😥

What do you think is going on between Derek and Lola?

What do you think drunk Veronica will do?😵😵

And...the next chapter will be written in Derek's pov😏😏

Pls vote
Comment
Share

Bye lovelies.