Chapter 54

*Veronica's POV *

"Is she okay?" Derek asked as he looked down at Emily, who laid on the bed curling herself into a ball, looking peaceful.

"Yes...for now. I had managed to calm her down. She was really hurt you know." I said as I looked up to Derek.

He wasn't showing any emotions in his face, as usual. He had managed not to even sip out a little sign of worry, but I was sure he was worried for both of them.

"I know." He answered coldly.

"This stupid plan of yours isn't getting them anywhere. They are hurting, both of them. And right now, my cousin was in much more pain." I yelled.

I hadn't realized I was holding it all in. I was acting strong for Emily. Somehow I had learnt how to hid my emotions just like Derek.

"I can feel you are upset." Derek said.

"Did you have to feel it in the mate bond to see how pissed I was?" This was insane, all on it. We had bigger battles to fight and we were here trying to make Justin and Emily's live life fine. This is just crazy.

"You know what?...I'm waking her up and tell in what this is all about. How much he loves her and why she shouldn't let him go."

Derek yanked me up and I feel into his chest. He gazed right into my orbs and as soon as I felt his faint heartbeat, I calmed down.

"Veronica..." his voice was soft.
"They had to figure this out themselves. Even a blind man will see how much he loves her, yet she wanted to act like she didn't see it. Why does she need him to confirm it. Why was she so scared of saying her feelings?" Derek continued. I tried struggling off his firm grip. But I was weak against him.

This was the mate bond, every vampire had this. This was to show the true feelings, how could Emily not sense it?

"She didn't want to...her mother's words are stopping her, she is just blaming Justin for all this. You should understand him too. He was desperate and he didn't know what else to do. He is hurting too seeing her like this. Even kissing another is hurting him too. So give them sometime. They will sort this out. Please." Derek said as she smiled down to me.

"Fine, but the next time he is hurting her, I will give him a piece of my mind." I said still glaring at Derek.

Stupid mate bond made me weak against him. I could not even be angry with him for long.

He pecked my cheeks and I was sure it was already as red as a tomato.

"I love you." He smiled down at me.
"Now let's get to work..." I said as he led me to his study.

*********

*Emily's POV*

I walked side by side veronica and Derek as I was briefed about the happenings. I let my emotions get the better of me and forgot about the Balian king. I had promised to fight side by side Veronica and ensure the safety of this clan. I was glad Derek has finally accepted me and wasn't suspicious of me anymore. I was glad he didn't take the side of his best friend and just laid neutral.

I promised Veronica I will not get distracted by Justin again and I will fully focus on the plan, which includes trying as much as possible to not get affected by Justin's ways.

"Emily, down to earth." Veronica shook me a little.

"Sorry."

We walked pass different vampires training in different levels of powers. They were divided according to their super abilities and those who didn't have just trained in either swordsmanship, or were busy building up their strengths, punching sand bags, or pull a heavy load of tires.