Chapter 40

*Emily POV *

"Tie them!"
"Yes, sire." My mom said. I never knew just those single words will have my world crashing down. I held my tears.

"You work for him?" I said not being able to hold my tears, as soon as I saw my mom obeying his order quickly. Chaining us all to chairs. Side by side Veronica.

"Yes, honey. Come with me." Mother said with her lovely smile. Those I haven't seen in two months.

I was struggling in my thoughts, battling with her manipulating trick. Those were her powers, same with Derek. She knows me better, so she knows were exactly hurts more.

"You must be famished, come have blood. Come with me." Mother said as she used her powers, which were the same as mine but much more stronger, to release me.

" Emily fight it, you can do it." Justin said.

"How dare you kidnap my daughter, touch her and brain wash her..." Mother said as she chocked him. Just with a single vien been showed on her forehead.

"Urr." Justin cried out in agony and it brought me out of my trance.

"Let him go, mother. He is my mate." I shouted and she immediately left him.

"I will. Now come with me and we will be on her winning side, and serve the Balian king and soon Emperor of all realms. Come my dear." Mother enticed again.

"No!" I said with a little wave in my certainty.
"Mother knows best, listen to your mother, it's a crazy world out there without power and protection. Come my darling." Mother said.

"No!"

"No?"

"Never!" I said firmly.

"Woman control your child, or she dies." Sebastian spat out with venom. She was scared and I was sure of one thing...
No matter how evil mother gets, she will always love me and never hurt me. But there was one thing I wanted to know why will she do this to her niece? To her blood sister's child?

* * * *

*Veronica's POV *

"Why? Why are you doing this to me? Why to your sister's child? Why?!?!" I shouted with all my strength as I was already getting weak. It was over half and I was slowly losing lexis, plus my own life.

"You are asking me? Me! Ask your dead mother. Ask her why she will do such a thing? Why she will steal the love of my life? Why she will take my position as empress?" Vivian said with much anger as she speed towards me and dragged my hair, roughly.

"...then you came, a curse."

"You were jealous, jealousy did this to you."
Derek said struggling to be free.

"Let her be, Derek. Let's hear her side of the story." I said as I looked at her in horror.

"Your mom, my sister, Irene. She was the rough one, non girly and enjoys adventures. I was the perfect daughter, the good one, obedient and not stubborn, yet, they all love her and called her beauty flawless, the finer twin. We ventured into the vampire realm from witches realm, along with samantha, she was our close friend, a good witch, close to all our family member, just like she was blood.

The rule was the first vampire to see you has the right to do whatever with you or pay them off, but Irene had to disturb a bee hive, and we all ran for our lives and lost all the money with us, back then, golden coins.

We meet the Emperor and Irene talked rudely not knowing he was the emperor, so we had to serve him. It was love at first sight for both of us. We became his teacher and also the royals, teaching them little witchcraft.