Chapt. 10

"IIIIIZUKUUU!" A booming voice ripped through your body as soon as you came into eyeshot of Izus uncle. "Oh my god, uncle Enji! It's been ages!" Izuku squealed, letting go of your hand to swim over and hug the red-tailed merman. Enji promptly returned the favor, squishing him just a bit. "H-hey uncle Enji, i c-can't breathe." he managed to giggle out and Enji loosened his death grip. You couldn't help but giggle at the reunion, knowing how much Izu loved this side of his relatives. And it wasn't long before his cousins and aunt came to see what all that ruckus was about." My god, Zuzu, you got big!" his aunt ruffled through his wild green locks. "Hey auntie! I missed you!" "HEY IS THAT (Y/N)?!" you heard a female voice squeal before you were engulfed in a tight hug.

"FUMIIII!" you screeched, happy to see the girl who was like a bigger sister to you. A second pair of hands wrapped around you and you looked up to see Fujumis brother joined the hug. "Hey Natsu, hows it going?" you asked, ruffling through the boys white hair. He chuckled in response, patting your back around Fujumi. You swam over to uncle Enji and auntie Rei and gave them hugs too, whereas aunties was a bit clumsy due to her losing an arm just recently." How's your wound going? Heard that an orca went wild?" you asked a bit concerned, looking at the bandaged shoulder. "Yeah it was pretty bad, luckily Enji and Sho saved me. It's been healing perfectly though." she answered, a proud smile spreading on her lips.

You went to ask where Sho was because you didn't see him yet when you were interrupted by a quiet
"(Y/N)?" from behind you. You whipped around, your (H/L) hairs slowly following, and there he was, the boy you had missed quite much. "SHOOOOO!" you yelled and flung yourself into his arms. He hugged back hesitantly, his warm arms wrapping around your waist. Giggling, you nuzzled your nose into his neck and spun you both around. He sucked his breath in, surprised at the sudden movement, but soon giggled with you. Oh how you loved his little laughs. He was like that one relative that, when they didn't come to reunions, the party was over for you. And maybe, just maybe, he meant a little more to you. But you wouldn't tell him anything of that, not even if your life was on the line. You were like cousins, and wouldn't it be weird to like the person you grew up with?

The thing was, after your family... disappeared, Izus mom took you in because your dad and her were close. And since then Izuku was your best friend although you never viewed him as a brother. And soon enough you got to know his cousins and  aunts and uncles, wich were quite many to be honest. You were snapped out of your thoughts by a hand being placed on you cheek. Lookin up you were met with one blue and one brown eye, both of them holding concern. "(Y/N), what are all these bruises about?" Shoto asked, obviously troubled. His hand slid from your cheek to your shoulder, gently stroking the marks. Your eyes widened and you paled immediately, looking down to see the hickeys partially faded, but not quite done yet. Hastily you covered them up with your palm, pushing his hand away in the process.

But that didn't help anyway, because the other side of your neck was just as littered with blue and purple marks. "It's nothing, really. I'm fine, Sho." you murmured a half-hearted excuse. "Mom, look! Zuzu has them too! And a few pretty bad slashes on his upper arm!" Fumi yelled from behind you. Silent sobs racked through your body as you remembered how he got them. How it was your fault his body was littered with bite marks. And how it was your fault that both of your wrists were black and blue from ropes. Two strong arms wrapped around you and Sho pulled you into his chest. You buried your nose in his chest and continued to shake from sobs. He stroked your hair and massaged your scalp gently, his other hand moving in circles on your back. "P-pirates. My f-fault." you managed to sob out, voice trembling and breaking.

"Shhh, everything's okay, I'm here, you're safe, no one's gonna hurt you." Sho cooed from above your head and you slowly let your muscles relax. "Okay, how about we get comfy first and then I can tell you why we're here?" Izu asked from behind you, pushing an overly concerned Fumi off him. Auntie Rei just nodded and shooed Fumi and Natsu off to the shore, telling them to go get some food. After they left Sho started gently pulling you towards a large set of boulders wich seemed to reach out of the water. When you emerged you saw that they were flat and only mere centimeters over the water. Sho hopped on them and pulled you with him, you shrinking into his side and him wrapping an arm around your shoulder. Uncle and auntie sat across from you, as the rocks formed a half-circle. Soon enough Natsu and Fumi came with food and you nibbled on your slice of fish as Izu started to tell your gruelling tale.

In this night, the final string in the plan of the pirates was pulled, forming an almost indestructible net that soon would wrap around you. Bakugo and Kirishima were standing in an alley behind a shop, waiting for the owner. Soon enough a rather tall man stepped out the shadows with a bag slumped over his shoulders, his rather high collar hiding half of his face. "You got our order?" Bakugo asked, already getting impatient. "Right here, captain." the tall man replied while petting his bag, his smirk clear to hear. "I want to see it before paying." Kirishima demanded. The man set his bag down carefully and opened it so Bakugo could look inside. He was met with two red eyes not very different from his, but these were full of fear.

He smirked down at the merchild in the bag, the little girl immediately shrinking back. Kirishima closed the bag and swung it over his shoulder while Bakugo dumped a pack of gold coins in the shop owner's hands. They exchanged last glances before parting ways, ready to set their plan into motion.

_______________________________________

Hello, Author here. So, probably there are some of you who are not okay with Enji being nice to his family because 'tHaTs NoT lIkE tHe StOrY'. Yeah, no, this is MY story and if you don't like it dont read it. I just wanted to experiment with his persona because i think it's a shame that he's such a scumbag when he could be such an amazing father. And the orca attack on Rei is important for later.

Otherwise, luv y'all and stay healthy! ❤️