Chapt. 24

"A-abilities?" you stuttered out, bewildered by the obvious surprise in Eris face. "Yeah, abilities. Mine's health, like my moms. My mom... Wait, I have to go home!" she yelled, recalling the flashback she had during healing you. "Home?" Auntie Rei asked, just as confused as you were. "Yeah, I have to see if our swarm is still alright!" now she was hurrying around in a panick, swimming left and right and looking if they needed anything. "Swarm?!" Fuyumi asked, just a little overwhelmed. Eri stopped dead in her tracks and slowly turned around to face the big family (and you) and looked at them in disbelief. "Has no one in your swarm taught you how to use your abilities?" she asked, concern laced in her voice.

"Honey, we don't have a swarm and we don't have abilities and thats it!" Rei butted in, making Eri worry even more. "Of course you have, you use them all the time! And I was wondering why they seemed so random... You aren't even aware of them!" she blurted out, leaving all of your mouths hanging open. "We- What?!" you managed to burst out. Eri only sighed, suddenly seeming way too grown-up for her age. It nearly seemed like her mind aged too quickly, an adult's spirit stuck in a child's body and desperately wanting to go back. "Don't tell me I have to teach you." she sighed, helplessness flashing across her face. As she saw that all of you just looked at her with a look that screamed 'oh, thats a good idea!' she knew that she should have kept her mouth shut.

"Alright. Let's start easy. Fumi." she stated, pointing a finger towards Fuyumi. "Yours is instincts, i think. Could be health too, but it seems different from mine. The only reason (Y/N) didn't really die was because you used it during healing her.". Fuyumi was shocked, staring at her palms in disbelief. "Natsu and Auntie." she continued, pointing at the respective people. "You both have the same power but with different aspects to it. It's cold, you can either cool mortal or immortal objects down to very low temperatures. You'll find out wich one it is by practicing.". The both of them looked first at each other and then at their hands, Rei at the one she had left.

Eri continued by turning around and facing Enji. "Uncle Enji, your ability is heat, I think. It surprised me a bit to be honest, yours and Aunties abilities seem so different!". She ended the sentence with a bright smile while Enji clenched and unclenched his fists in amazement. The only ones that now didn't know what their ability was were Izu and you. But that quickly changed as Eri swam up to Izu and grabbed his hand, looking intensely at the wrinkles on it. "I really don't know what your ability is because i can't read it from your palms and you never used it either so we'll have to wait. Although i guess that it's growth." she said after studying his hands for a while, smiling at him brightly. Lastly, she turned towards you.

"(Y/N), I think that your ability might be current, I saw and felt you move the water around you quite often. But I've never seen a 'current' one thats so strong." she mumbled, placing her pointer finger in her mouth and softly gnawing on it. Looking down at your hands you started to wonder. What could you do with that newfound power of yours? Well, at this point nothing, you didn't even know how to activate it. You were snapped out of your thoughts again when you felt the water around you move a bit. 'Huh. I wonder...' you thought as you focused your attention on a small rock on the ground infront of you. You squeezed your eyes to slits as you concentrated hard and soon you could see the sand around it start moving. You tried to make the whirl grow a bit and the water obeyed your command, gaining height and momentum.

Grinning stupidly, you stretched your arm towards it and it came closer to you. As you went on making it bigger and stronger, your concentration started to waver. By now, it was about the size of your fin, and you started to struggle a bit. Soon, the spiral started to loose in speed and got thinner and thinner, until it eventually collapsed. You huffed exhausted and sat down on the sea floor, looking up into many... Well, shocked and surprised faces. But the most shocked was little Eri, she immediately started bombarding you with questions. And you thought it was normal that you could control it so fast...

Fire, everywhere was fire. People screaming, children crying and bricks tumbling to the ground echoed in her skull and poisoned every thought she had until she couldn't think about anything but the lives they had taken those many nights. The towns they had ruined and the things they had stolen. She gripped her hair tight, hoping to ground herself with the pain. Only when two hands softly threaded their fingers through her hair too did she come back to reality, looking up into warm, golden eyes that held the twinkle she loved dearly. Denki kneeled in front of her in the sand, two cooked fish laying beside him on a big leaf. Jirou smiled thankful and took one of them, starting to gnaw at it with a thoughtful expression.

Denki noticed this and proceeded to pull her closer to himself and laid a hand over her shoulders. "You seem out of it, everything alright?" he asked, being worried about his lover. Jirou has been acting different since the first week on the island. It could be the shock from being thrown over board or even the nightmares she frequently has. "Yeah, I'm alright. I've just been feeling a little weird lately, thats all." she responded, interrupting Denkis train of thought. He just shrugged, if she said she was fine then he had no business saying otherwise.