Chapt. 27

"Is this really our best plan?" Jirou asked doubtfully while eyeing the makeshift boat Denki made. "Yes honey, it is. At least your morning sickness is gone now." he replied, placing a hand on her shoulder. A whole week has gone by since you first came to their island and had that little shouting match. The plan was for Jirou and Denki to sit on the raft, wich Enji offered to drag and you'll drop them off on the cluster of islands near Eris home. Sorrow was visible in Jirous eyes as she slowly stroked her little baby bump. Her tummy had grown a little since she noticed she was pregnant. "So I can embrace the sea sickness easier?" she asked with a bit of venom in her voice. But she knew that this was their best shot and it was only one day and one night from here to the islands. "Have you packed everything you need?" Fuyumi asked the soon-to-be parents and they nodded in response.

There wasn't much to their name anyways and they only packed stuff like fresh water and food, just to be sure. With one last look towards their island Jirou got onto the boat, getting herself situated, Denki following close behind. The morning sun shone in bright orange and pink hues, illuminating their silhouettes and reflecting off of the water. The purple haired woman was nervous and worried about her baby, holding into the raft so tightly that her knuckles turned white. She looked down as she felt a wet hand be placed on top of her own. She looked down just to meet big, emerald green orbs staring at her with nothing but trust and optimism in them. That touched the purple head, causing some tears to well up in her eyes and fall onto the hand holding hers.

"Why are you crying, Jirou?" Izuku asked softly, a little surprised. "I-It's just... We were so cruel to you and you still look at me with those puppy eyes that hold so much hope for the people you should despise it's just... You're so kind, Izuku.". She sniffeled at the end of her little speech, leaving a slightly flustered Izuku in silence. "You're right. It wasn't easy to forgive. But you didn't cause me any harm and you looked out for Eri. So you're not an entirely bad person." he smiled up at her tear stained face with the brightest smile Jirou had seen to this day. And that gave her the strength to forget her tears and look forward into this new adventure.

The time spent traveling was quiet and peaceful. They decided that it was best for Jirou if they traveled through the night without stopping. Eri fell asleep, exhausted from a day of traveling, so Fuyumi and you took turns carrying her. Shoto and Natsuo eventually decided that their Father needed some rest too, or as much as it was possible, and took his place for dragging the raft. Enji made sure that no one fell behind and Rei swam next to the raft, making sure that both Denki and Jirou were doing okay. Jirou had fallen asleep on Denkis lap as soon as the sun started setting and was snoring peacefully. Her partner stayed up all night to make sure that she didn't accidentally fell off or swallowed some water.

So, when the sun rose on the second day and Jirou and Eri started to slowly wake up again, the group saw the silhouettes of the islands they were trying to reach. Jirou sat up immediately, full of energy right away. "Wow, they're huge!" she cheered as she saw how much space she and her family would have from now on. After they dropped the two off on the islands they continued to make their way towards Eris home. It wasn't too far and they were near it by noon. You noticed that Eris face got really sad when you swam past a group of rocks. "What's up with you?" you asked her, patting her back softly. "It's just.. Kota and I used to play here a lot." she whispered, close to tears. "Why don't you see if he's here?" Fuyumi asked, swimming up next to her. Eris eyes lit up and she stopped while clearing her throat. Then, she yelled at the top of her lungs: "KOTA! ARE YOU HERE?!".

She turned around just in time to see a head with black hair pop out from in between two big rocks, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. "ERI?! YOU'RE ALIVE!" the boy yelled and shot towards them, engulfing Eri in a big hug that had them spinning around. Laughter filled the surrounding and the two childhood friends were happy to be in each other's arms again. "How's the swarm?" Eri asked, concern making its way into her voice. Kotas smile fell and his face grew serious. "I'm sorry, Eri. All of the adults that tried to fight are... gone.". The last part was nothing but a quiet whisper but Eri heard it nonetheless. Seeing the sad face of his friend he took her hands and pulled her with him. "But all the others are here! We're all okay!" he trued to cheer her up while pulling her along to the caves they lived in.

As soon as the mermaids noticed the arrival of their guests all heads turned to them. Most of them first looked at Enji, because he was the most noticeable in the group, then saw Rei and the children and only then noticed that Kota was with them... With Eri clinging to his hand! The child smiled brightly as the whole swarm broke out into cheers and everyone came rushing over to welcome her home. Soon enough Eri was engulfed into a big hug with everyone in the swarm joining while you and your group stood next to them smiling and feeling awkward. After a teary, bittersweet but still cheery welcoming, a very long explanation ensued, starting with Eris capture and ending with you dropping off Jirou and Denki.

_______________________________________
Okay. There's one thing I'd like to say. Go follow this person: Ill_regret

And, of course, luv y'all ❤️❤️