Chapt. 28

Three days have passed since Eri got reunited with the remaining members of her swarm. There were only a few left, only two adults with one baby each and a handful of teenage mermaids. One of them introduced herself as Momo, she had a beautiful red tail and long, black hair that was held back into a high ponytail by seaweed. She was eyeing Shoto the whole time while the groups introduced eachother but you made sure to stick to him tightly, a spike of jealousy growing in the pit of your stomach every time she looked at him. Then there was a pretty, brown haired girl with a pink tail, fading into purple at the fluke. Her name was Ochako and she introduced her girlfriend, Tsuyu, too. Tsuyu, or Tsu as she asked you to call her, had really long green hair that was just a bit darker than Izus and her tail was green too, with black framing each one of her scales and running in stripes along her fin.

Another member of the swarm introduced himself as Ojirou, he had short blonde hair and by far the strongest tail you have seen so far. A girl named Tory stuck always by his side, although they denied that they were dating the second Fuyumi asked them. Very suspicious, if you asked her. Toru didn't draw much attention to herself and was laid back and quiet, but once you actually took the time to notice her it was clear why Ojirou wouldn't leave her side. She had short, gold-brown hair that curled itself at the ends, beautiful pastel blue eyes and a very light blue fin that almost looked transparent in the ocean. That was all that was left of the once pretty big swarm Eiki had built and Eri was sad that only so few of her moms people were left behind. After a bit of time you learned about the other's abilities too.

Momos was growth and she gave it the color red. Ochakos was called weight and she explained that she could manipulate the weight of basically anything, enabling her to move around big and heavy rocks. Tsu had the ability animals. That meant that she was very good with all sealife and could read the body language of pretty much any animal in the ocean quite easily. Ojirou had, as you saw when he introduced himself, a very strong tail and explained that his ability called strength focuses on one body part and makes it stronger. Torus ability was cold, she could cool down mortal objects like auntie Rei. Lastly, Kotas ability was current, the one Eri originally predicted for you. He told you that both of his parents had current abilities too, so it was pretty obvious which ability he had.

It was very interesting to learn so much about about those powers when you yourself only discovered them about three months ago. Sadly, Izu still didn't show a sign of an ability and even your confidence started to waver. He was visiting Jirou now regularly, hoping to form a friendship despite their shared past. You, for your part, weren't ready to forgive them. Because although Jirou and Denki didn't really cause you any harm they were still part of the crew. Every day for weeks, Izu would get up, try to figure out his ability for an hour before giving up and swimming to visit the two on the islands, all the while looking like a beaten puppy. When he came back in the evenings he'd always talk excitedly about how big Jirous baby bump was already and how she let him touch it sometimes. One time he even spoke about feeling the baby kick for the first time.

To be honest, it made you nervous to see Izu getting along so well with people you knew to be the enemy. But as long as it kept him from becoming more depressed than he already was you weren't going to say anything against it. Time flew by and you trained your ability with the swarm. Almost five months passed and the whole ability-thing was working better and better. You slowly learned to concentrate on a small body of water, compressing it into whichever object you wanted to. Combining this technique with Sho's newest accomplishment, to freeze bodys of water, you created a technique called 'iced spear'. You also noticed how this girl named Momo always tried to spend more time with Sho and you certainly didn't like it. So, one evening after training as Sho and you were making your way back to your little cave, you asked him about her.

"Hey, baby? What do you think of Momo?". Your voice was curious although you had to hide the little suspicious undertone, you knew Sho would never cheat. "That red tailed girl? I don't know, she keeps following me." he answered, slight discomfort mixing into his voice. You sighed relieved as you heard that, now knowing that he's just as bothered by that as you were. You were pulled out of your thoughts by arms wrapping around you and a face nuzzling itself into your neck. Sighing, you leaned into the welcome hug and rested your head against his shoulder. Warm breath hit your ear and sent shivers down your spine as he started to whisper. "We haven't had any time to ourselves and I'm not tired yet. Wanna maybe go somewhere together?"

Now that sounded like the best idea in weeks. So obviously you were ready to go immediately, excited to do something other than training. As quietly as possible you two snuck out into the open ocean, swimming into the direction of the nearest islands which were Jirous and Denkis. You've never had more fun here than on this trip, giggling and goofing around with Sho the whole time. While being busy with playing catch in the water you didn't notice how close to the island you got and were slightly taken aback.

You remembered the times when you would lie on the beach, enjoy the sun (or moon, in some cases) and just thought about nothing. You havent done that since you left your own island. "Baby? Can we maybe go lie down on the beach?" you asked, a little hesitant to admit that you were homesick. But Sho just smiled gently, pulling you upwards by your hand. Happily, you snuggled into the sand and looked up to the moon, just enjoying Sho's warmth next to you.

But this moment was quickly interrupted by a scream.

_______________________________________
Hello loves, I'm so sorry I didn't update in so long! But now it's here and I hope you like it. Also, I have a one shot aka short story book which i would greatly appreciate if you could read that too.

Luv y'all ❤️