Chapter 31

"Complexly Complicated ASF"

MOMO's POV

"So when are you going to tell me that you're dating him?"

I grunted and sat on the bed. The memories of that fight are still in my mind.

"I didn't want to tell you because I am aware of your feelings," I answered then looked at him. He smirked. He leaned to me, he's tall so I needed to raise my head.

"You didn't only hurt my feelings for someone who loves you secretly in what you did. You also hurt my feelings as your best friend for not telling me the truth."

Am I feeling guilty? Maybe I am, maybe I am not. I have no idea.

Just thinking about it makes my head go crazy. Like, for goodness sake I am still his best friend but he's not talking to me anymore because I lied about my relationship. I think I did hurt his ego (?)

Oh my gosh, I don't know anymore. Based on their Maknae line's DO RE MI the lyrics said "Difficult thoughts always make it difficult," but obviously this song wasn't written for me... it's for Kim Dahyun.

I think I should call Heechul and tell him to write me a song, too.

Why did I suddenly run off-topic? Haha. I'm crazy. You know? Very crazy.

Alright, Momo. Just apologize to Minghao already and stop this.

Fine. Gonna call him.

"Oh. Momo, why did you call?" It's Minghao! OMFG HE ANSWERED! HE ANSWERED.

"Hao, are you still mad?" I asked. He laughed from the other line, "Of course not. I don't have the right to get mad," he said.

"B-But you said that I---."

"I'm sorry for the words I told you that day. I didn't those, I was just overwhelmed by the feeling because you didn't have the strength to tell me the truth. Aside from that, nothing more."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! You know, to make things better, let's go out today. The usual place," he said.

Heechul doesn't mind if I still go out with my guy friends. He trusts me. Ahihihi.

"Alright."

MINA's POV

"We can find our way, I don't really care how," I kept practicing the lines. I want to finish this collab as soon as possible but I know it's impossible because I will be spending two more weeks in this goddamn studio.

"We need to wrap this up within this week," I heard Joshua whispered.

"What?"

"I said we have to finish this within this week," he said loudly.

Oh. Does he really hate it that much to be with me?

Nice joke, Mina.

I looked away then focused on my lyric sheet. I can feel my tears as they started to well up again. Me and my empty promises. Why do I keep on hurting myself? I wiped those tears away. No more crying, no more.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked and pointed towards his phone. He shook his head, "I don't have time for nuisance," he answered.

Nuisance. I think I am considered as one.

"How about you? Aren't you going to answer your phone? It's distracting, really," he smiled. I know it's fake. Please tell me you're jealous.

"Earth to Mina. Hello? Wonwoo is calling, answer it," then I snapped back to reality. I quickly grabbed my phone and answered the call.

"MINA!"

Why is Boo Seungkwan so loud?!

"Call me Noona, Seungkwan," I said.

"There's no time for that! Just come over to the hospital! Oh gosh! Wonwoo is here!"

I froze. What? Wonwoo is rushed to the hospital? I don't know why but I took my bag and left the studio. I think Joshua heard our conversation which explains why he also rushed to get out of the studio.

"Get in the car," he said cooly then got in. I want to protest but I don't have the time. My friend is at the hospital and here I am being awkward to my ex.

Once we arrived at the hospital, we both ran towards the entrance. He's moving so fast and I am being left behind, again.

"You're still so slow!" Joshua grunted then held my hand to help me run faster.

He has no idea that my heart is also beating faster. I hate this.

"Jeon Wonwoo."

"Room 212."

There's a lot of people looking at us. I hope they won't recognize. Joshua harshly let go of my hands and calmly opened the door. Seungkwan glanced at us automatically.

"Hyung," he called. "What happened to him?" Joshua asked. I just stared at Wonwoo who is currently sleeping on the bed.

"He badly hit his head when he tried to dodge a moving car," Seungkwan answered. "I didn't know exactly what the details are. I just saw him lying then I p-panicked. I-I tried to c-call the company b-but they're n-not answering. I-I dialed M-Mina Noona's n-number t-then Seungcheol H-Hyung's," he answered while shaking.

"What are you doing outside?! Didn't we tell you to stay at home because his asthma is attacking him again?!" Joshua scolded.

"I tried to stop him but he's not listening!" Seungkwan answered.

I had no interest to listen to their conversation so I moved closer to see Wonwoo. So many dextroses. Oxygen tanks, heartbeat machines. I felt myself crying at the view.

"Woo," I called. "You called me earlier saying that you're fine... why didn't you tell me?"

As if he would answer, Myoui Mina. Do you expect him to suddenly wake up and dance Cheer up?

"Mina..." Joshua called me. I didn't look towards him. I didn't bother to see even an inch of his shadow for my eyes are only focused on the guy lying in front of me.

Seungcheol and the others barged in the room with a worried look. They asked me to get out but I couldn't. I feel weak at the moment.

"Mina, I'll come with you," Joshua said then slightly touched my shoulders. I glanced at him and nodded slowly. 

We're at the rooftop where there's nobody there. I stared at the view then started to cry my eyes out. I don't know what to do with myself anymore.

"I told you to don't cry, why are you not listening?"

Stupid. You're the main reason why I cry myself to sleep day by day.

My heart can't take it anymore. I faced Joshua and hugged him. Pouring all the pain I am feeling out. His hands caressed my back, comforting me.

"I want all the pain to go away. I don't want to continue living if it's always like this," I said. My tears are still flowing like a river as I tell those words.

"It hurts, isn't it?" He spoke, "living life and trying to find a meaning then failing to find one."

I removed my face from his chest then looked at him. I wiped the tears that's on my face, it's cold. So cold. "Do you want to know the reason why I broke up with you before?" He asked me. My heart got heavy, but despite the feeling, I tried and managed to smile.

"Tell me. I want to understand," I said. So I can completely let you go.

____

The next two chapters will be focused on Mina. Let's see where this complicated sht is going and how it all started.