Chapter 40

"Tightrope"

MINGYU's POV

We're having a party. A simple but meaningful one. It's not only a party to celebrate our freedom from all the rumors. We are also celebrating Jeongyeon and Jeonghan's engagement.

Who would've thought they would finally knot a tie at each other? I know they would be happy because I am sure they love each other and that what really matters right now.

It's been a week since the press conference. CUBE is not under BigHit, he apologized for the damage he caused. BigHit is thinking about getting them to jail but we asked not to. Why did we do that?

Simply because everyone deserves a second chance.

CUBE is mad at TWICE which explains why he revealed everything related to them hoping it would ruin their careers. But sorry not sorry, TWICE is a group that experienced highs and lows before debuting. If he thinks he can sabotage them that easily, they're wrong.

The fans accepted our reasons.

Jun Hyung is right. The group you are under doesn't matter, what matters the most is the feelings inside your heart. We changed the perspective of Korean people about their idols dating.

Having a relationship is not a scandal. Instead, it's proof that you are experiencing love. A kind of love that doesn't use you for granted.

"Jagi, you want to get something?" I asked Tzuyu. She is covered in a blanket. She slowly shook her head, "just stay with me as I watch them."

I forced a smile on my face. "Alright, love."

"We reached too far. From school visits to world tours. Are you proud of me?" She asked. I looked at her, I can see the side view of her face and I can say that she's unreal. She's too beautiful to be true.

"I am very proud of you. You've come so far, Tzuyu," I answered. She smiled weakly, "that's glad to hear. At least one person is proud of me," then she closed her eyes.

"I can feel the warmth of the surrounding. The noise of their laughs, the real us. Not the one we are hiding behind the mask," she said. "Do you think the future generations will be like this, too?"

"Of course," I answered. "You are a legend for changing not only the toxic standards but you changed the rules. You made them accept the truth."

"When I was young, I dreamed that one day, I would probably be remembered once I die. Do you think someone will remember me once that happened?"

I nodded, "of course. Life is not permanent but the legacy you left will forever be written in history."

DAHYUN's POV

I am drinking my wine. This time, I won't drink too much because I always end up breaking things here and there.

"BOOO!"

I jumped. Nice, now I broke the glass. 

The creature laughed. I frowned, "Nothing's funny, Vernon."

"Why are you at the corner? Are you not enjoying the party?" He asked. I shook my head, "I think I just need time to reflect on what happened. It's too fast," I answered.

"Mind sharing your thoughts with your fiance?"

Yes. You read it right. We're engaged. Before this mess broke out, he already proposed to me. Of course, I said yes. Who wouldn't say yes if the person who asked you is the person you want to spend your whole life with?

"Don't tell me I'm overthinking because I am not. I will just miss them once we moved to America," I said.

He placed his arm on my shoulders and accompanied me to sit down.