Chapter 39

"Truth"

JEONGYEON's POV

We're at the press conference. The reporters will ask us the questions and we're going to answer them honestly just like what we talked about. The area is closed to avoid paparazzi. There's a main entrance wherein it's guarded by many guards.

We are lined up. There are four layers of people. I am beside Jeonghan and he is holding my hand as the press conference started.

"Are the statements that CUBE released true?" One of them asked. We decided to let the leaders speak up for the members when is asked in general. "Most of them are true, but there are things that are just plain misunderstanding," Namjoon answered first.

"Let's settle this one by one regarding the articles released," Seungcheol said.

"Is it true that you two are dating even before your dating ban was lifted?" Another one asked while pointing out Nayeon Unnie.

"Yes. It is true," she answered. "We are together since 2017."

"Is it also true that Jennie is covering you for so long? Fans are very mad about the news," they asked. "Yes, I did cover them. What's the problem with covering up for my friend?" Jennie questioned back. The reporters were silent.

"Nayeon did things that changed my whole life and she's my best friend. I'm sorry to my fans but I decided this on my own," She added. It looks like she'll say something more but Taehyung covered her mouth.

"Aren't you afraid of what your fans will think?"

"They have the right to know the truth and that's what we're here for," Jihyo said.

The reporters glanced at Sana since she started to talk.

"I admit the headlines of the news. Junhui and I are really together. The footage is us, we don't deny it," Sana said. "As for the Japanese people who are worried about the bloodline, I want you all to know that if we get married in the future, I am willing to change my last name into hers if that's what's concerning you," Junhui said.

They smiled and looked at each other, "we heard about the rumors that Sana is pregnant. And we strictly deny that one," Junhui laughed. How could he laugh at a time like thus?

"You seem happy, what's the reason?"

They smiled at each other then faced the reporters, "being with someone you love makes you happy," she replied.

Geez. They're too sweet, I can't----.

"Jihyo-yah, are the rumors that you are attempting su1cide true?" One of the reporters asked. "The footage of you screaming then walking towards the end became viral!"

Jihyo laughed at their faces, that's right Jihyo, laugh at them and make them realize how delulu and how crazy they are for believing such rumors.

"Of course not. I am really shouting while ranting, but I only looked down because I want to see if there are people down there and if they can hear me. Dokyeom panicked and grabbed me because he thought the same thing. I am suffering from mental health problems but I don't want to take my own life," she said. "Besides, I have another reason to continue living," then she glanced at Dokyeom.

He just smiled. WAIT A SEC! DON'T TELL ME?

"Since we're all here right now and all the relationships are being revealed, I'd like to take this opportunity to reveal mine," Dokyeom said. "Do you see that goddess over there? She's mine. Partially."

"What do you mean by partially?"

"Let's leave that hanging," he winked. Even I am surprised, how could this Park Jihyo right here didn't tell me a word about her relationship? I noticed how the others are also frozen with their thoughts hanging due to shock with the announcement.