Chapter 9

"Picnic"

Dahyun's POV

I woke up as the sun shines right in front of ny face. I looked at my right side where Vernon is currently sleeping. I smiled as I saw his peaceful face. It's been a while since I saw him like this, he looks worry free.

I touched his nose. I immediately regretted my actions since that caused him to hug me. Now I can't breathe Mr. Chwe.

"Good morning," he whispered. "How's your sleep, Jagi?"

"I-I can't breathe," I grunted making him lose grip. He looked at me and moved my hair away from my face to prevent it from covering my eyes.

"Good morning. What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him. Standing up, I fixed my dress. "You're going to cook?"

I looked back at him saw his shocked face. "Jeongyeon Unnie has been teaching me," I explained.

Yeah, I remembered the last time I dared to cook for him. I spent almost 3 hours in cooking but we both ended up ordering at the restaurant since it is unbearable to eat.

He just nodded, "Call me if you need help, okay?"

I shoot a death glare at him. Great, now he's teasing me. What a way to start the day, Vernon.

I tied my hair and put on the apron. I opened the fridge and saw some of the groceries we bought last week.

"Milk, eggs, flour... what else?" I mumbled as I search for the ingredients to make pancakes. I know Vernon likes pancakes since he's from New York.

"Should I put vanilla or not?" Once again questioning myself. I stood there for about five minutes before deciding not to put vanilla in the pancakes.

I started making the batter. I heard Vernon humming a song while walking to go down here to check what I am doing.

"Why are you suddenly dressed like that?" I asked. He is dressed in casual as if we are going somewhere.

"Sofia kinda called yesterday. She wants to hang out today. She also said she wanted to spend time with her sister-in-law," he answered.

My eyes widened due to the mention of Sofia's name. She's in Korea? It's been almost 4 months since I last talked to her through the phone.

"Are you hungry? Wait for about 10 minutes, this will be cooked soon," I smiled at him. I put the butter on the pan and waited for it to melt a little bit before adding the pancake batter. I covered it before getting the plates and glasses.

Vernon was about to stand up when I stopped him and gave him an 'i-can-handle-this' look making him sit down again. I placed the plate and the glass in front of him and the other one beside him.

I ran back to the pancake which is now half-cooked. I flipped it.

"Where are we going today? Does Sofia want to go somewhere?" I asked as I placed the cooked pancake on the plate and repeated the steps.

"She wanted to go to a China themed park today. It is near here. She is also coming with dad," he answered. I moved closer to him and placed the pancake on his plate. I put the syrup in front of him if ever he want some.

"Uncle is coming, too?" I asked.

If he is coming then I must prepare soon. He nodded, "it's been a while since we last saw each other and they are very excited when I mentioned that you'll be coming too," he answered.