Chapter 13

"Lie To Me"

Tzuyu's POV

I ran my fingers through my hair as I stared blankly at the guy in front of me.

"Look... Tzuyu, you know I can't tell you the truth," Mingyu stated. "What? Is it too hard to trust me? I don't remember if I ever lied or kept a thing to you," I spat out.

"This issue doesn't concern you and me. This is so far from what you expect, Tzu," he said.

"Doesn't concern the 'us' you are talking about but this issue concerns me!" I couldn't hold it anymore and I just shouted right in front of his face.

"Do you really think that I am not capable of knowing the truth?" I asked him. I felt my voice starting to crack now and I couldn't hold my tears back. "Do you not trust me enough for the truth?"

"Tzuyu... it's not like that. I just don't think you can handle an issue as big as this," Mingyu said as he took a step closer to me. I stepped back every time he takes a step closer.

"I don't want to hear your lies, Mingyu."

There I said it. He blinked twice before his eyes widened at my words. I can hear him calling my name but I didn't bother to look at him.

I ran outside and called a taxi. I saw him running to catch me but it is too late. I hate it when someone lies to me. Especially if that someone is the person I trust the most.

When I arrived at our dorm, Unnies kept asking me about what was wrong but I ignored them and locked myself inside our room.

Dahyun Unnie is not here yet. She is hanging out with 1998 liners as their monthly hang-out. And of course, she's with her boyfriend.

Chaeyoung Unnie on the other hand is preparing for the collaboration. She's staying there for almost a day.

I heard a knock coming from the door. "Tzuyu."

It's Mina Unnie.

"Go away, Unnie. I want to be alone," I said but she knocked again. "Mingyu is here," she said.

"I am not talking to him. Send him away," I said before burying my face into the pillow.

Unfortunately, since I am the Maknae, I don't expect Mina Unnie to listen to my words. The door opened then Mingyu rushed in. Can't they understand that I want to be alone? I don't want to hear the lies that will come out of his mouth.

"Tzuyu..."

"I said go away," I said coldly before I felt him holding my shoulder. "Talk to me, Tzu," he said. "No."

"Do you know why I did it from you?"

"Why?"

"Because you are not mentally stable, Tzuyu."

My eyes widened. "How can you say that I am not mentally stable? How are you certain about it?" I said before holding my tears back so I won't cry.

"You are showing the same signs that Seungcheol Hyung showed, Tzuyu," he said as he looks down to avoid looking at me. "You have too many burdens and I don't want to add more problems. Besides, we promised that the secret stays between us unless Jeongyeon decides to tell the others," he added.

"Believe it or not, Seungcheol Hyung didn't know a thing about this. I bet he would be surprised once he learned the truth," Mingyu said before looking at me.

"Are you still mad?" He asks. "Am I not really trustworthy?" I suddenly asked out of the blue.

"You are trustworthy," he answered.