Chapter 19

"I Can't"

Hoshi's POV

Currently getting ready for our date, I mean friendly dinner as a friend. I'm not sad though, being her friend is such an honor but it's a painful thing to be. I prepared and looked at myself.

"As always, you look like a tiger, Hoshi," I said in front of the mirror. I saw Jeonghan Hyung on the phone talking to someone, "I'll pick you up. I already asked for JYP's permission. No buts, just prepare."

Huh? 

"Who are you talking to, Hyung?" I asked him. He only looked at me then smiled, "it's none of your business, Hoshi."

Oh. That hurts, slightly.

I looked at myself again.

I got nervous as I started to drive. This will be our first dinner. The last time is when we are with our other members.

I arrived at their dorm and I saw Nayeon Noona being a mess. I have no idea what she's doing but Hyung really needs to collect his girl.

I knocked at the door then Tzuyu opened it.

"Ah, Oppa. Unnie is inside," she said and motioned me to get in. The moment I stepped in, I saw them doing several things.

Mina is knitting.

Chaeyoung is writing something. Sana, Momo, and Dahyun are texting. I wonder who, hmm.

"You're here," Jihyo's voice made me glance to my left side.

She's so beautiful. No, I am not staring. I'm not staring.

"Hey," she called me. I looked at Nayeon Noona who is standing behind her, smirking while teasingly looking at me. This is so embarrassing. 

"Enjoy your day-- I mean night! You must come back before 9!" Nayeon said then pushed us out of the dorm.

Jihyo just smiled at me. "Unnie is always like that."

I nodded and accompanied her to the car. While I am driving, I don't know why my hands are sweating. Get it together, Hoshi.

"Where are we going to go?" She asked. "Where do you want to go anyway?" I asked her back.

She shrugged, "Nah. You can choose where we'll go. I'm fine anywhere," she replied.

"Do you wanna go somewhere far from here? If it's fine with you," I asked. I am very nervous about what Jihyo will answer.

Please say yes.

Please say yes.

Please say yes.

"Yes, it's fine. It's still early, we have three hours," she smiled and looked at her watch.

I smiled back, "okay."

What would I have to do to make you mine, Miss Park Jihyo?

You're way too good to be true.

I glanced to look at her as she's humming something. Yeah, I still remember everything. From the first time I laid my eyes on her.

Back in Cheer Up era, I remember her looking very exhausted. I want to talk to her somehow but I know I can't. She is my ideal type. I mean, who wouldn't fall for such a perfect girl? 

We got off the car and I looked at her as she inhaled the fresh air. She's wearing a mask but I can still see that she's smiling.

"How I wonder how it feels like to be free?" She said out of nowhere. "Hoshi-ya, if you're not an idol, what do you think you've been doing in life right now?"