Chapter 5

JENNIE

"Rosie! Over here!" I waved my hand at her so that she would see me.

"Oh my God Jennie! You really are here. I missed you so much girl." We shared a minute of hugging each other. It has been six years I guess since we last saw each other.

"Oh no. No please Roseann, stop crying. You--Why are you even crying?" I said. She was literally crying and sobbing. I can't help it, it was contagious. I felt it too, I missed my best friend so much. So even I, is now crying. "Okay stop with this mess, we look like a pair of idiot here."

"You did not even gave me a heads-up."

"I told you to fetch me here, didn't I?" She slapped my arm. "You're still a sadist, you know that?"

"Yeah, very well sis. My girlfriend always reminds me. It makes me miss you more whenever she says that." I almost spill the coffee I was drinking. "Jennie, are you okay?" She rubs my back.

"What did you just say?"

"Uhm are you okay?"

"No, before that."

"My girlfriend al--"

"You got a girlfriend?!" I exclaimed.

"Hey, can you keep your voice down? And yes I've got a girlfriend, something wrong with that?" I am definitely not against her being in a same-sex relationship. I don't have a problem with that. I'm not a homophobe. And she is my best friend, of course I'll support her and everything that gives her happiness!

"No, of course there's none! Not with that category. Why didn't you tell me? I thought we are best friends." I said emphasizing the latter part. But this girl in front of me just laughed at me. So I glared at her.

"Okay Jenjen--"

"Rosie, how many times should I tell you not to call me that?" But again, she just laughed it off.

"I'm sorry for not telling you, okay? I just never thought it would be something serious. I just happen to ran to her at a bookstore. She asked me if I want some coffee. I said yes. We went to a coffee shop. She asked for my number. We texted for a few weeks and decided to see each other again."

"So when did it get serious?" Knowing Rosie, she doesn't like being in a romantic relationship. She hates commitment when it comes to romance or intimacy. Rosie's good with just going out and sex and stuffs but never had she mentioned having something serious. And to my surprise, here it is, and in addition, with a girl. "It's your first time dating a girl, right?"

"Uh-yup. And I am recommending it to you."

"What the--?" I almost spill the coffee out of my mouth again.

"Kidding Jen! But it feels really good. She's nice and you know, the ideal man I used to tell you ever since we were kids. The only difference is that she's not a guy. But she has it all, she's made my ideal person a wonderful reality. I'd never thought what they say wrong would feel this right." She smiled after saying those. I can see how happy she is right now. My best friend is in love.

"I'm happy for you." I smiled at her.

"Did I just sound so in love there?"

"But it seems that you are, sis. I need to meet that ideal person of yours."

"Of course you'll meet her. But you need to face another episode of uncle John's fury."  I laughed at her silliness.