Chapter 51

JENNIE

I love you, Jen.

I've lost count of how many times those words had rang in my head, echoing the love of my life's voice. We may have shared a kiss and engulfed each other in a hug but never did we share those three words to each other. It was so beautiful and I knew I would have the most serene sleep after hearing those words.

Lisa never fails to make me feel loved and special to her through her actions. But hearing them coming out from her mouth seemed to be different. It made things way more special to me. As much as I believe in actions speak louder than words, words still do the confirmation. 

"When are you two getting married?" Lisa choke on her saliva just like I almost do when mom dropped that question. We haven't been together for such a long time yet she already has the wedding in her mind.

"Mom!" I exclaimed.

"What? I'm just asking. You guys aren't kids anymore, right Lisa?" My girlfriend gave me a knowing look first before wiping her mouth using the napkin from the table. Why are we even talking about marriage right now?!

I thought Lisa's going to say something but no words escape her mouth. She just gave mom a smile and nod at her. 

"What's with that response, Agent Manoban? Do you have no plans on marrying my daughter?" My father butted in. 

"Can we please stop this conversation now? You're making her uncomfortable." I'm not rushing this one and I don't want to put pressure on Lisa either.

I felt her hand brushing my thigh under the table, telling me that it's fine. So I looked at her but she was looking straight to my dad's eyes with both bravery and determination as she spoke, "I have, Sir. I will marry your daughter. But right now, I want the two of us to enjoy first our relationship, what we have now and explore and do a lot of things. Marriage is a big responsibility and so is building a family. I want us to be ready before we make that big step. I hope you understand." 

She looked at me. "But of course, I'm sure I'm marrying her." She said then gave me her assuring smile, making all the butterflies in my stomach gone wild for a hundredth time.

"As long as my baby is in good hands and you can assure me that you will give me a grandchild before I die, then we're fine. We support your decision, guys. Am I right, honey?" Mom said. That's a relief.

"Of course you are. And Lisa, just call us mom and dad. Stop being too formal." My father added. He likes Lisa a lot. Well, I couldn't blame him. Even I, fell for her charm.

She has proven so many times that she cares for my family. She is trustworthy, reliable, and responsible. Those things matter to dad most especially if the person is going to stay with us. After all we've been through, surely dad finds it harder to trust someone. Yet it seems easy for him because it's Lisa.

Although mom was persistent, we didn't stay the night because we agreed on meeting the gang the next morning.

Rosie invited us for breakfast since she's on a leave. I don't have anything to do either and I managed to convince Lisa to go with us even when she has something to do. Everyone is here except Yeri who's busy in the hospital as usual and Bambam who's already in their agency.

It looks like a feast here but only foods for breakfast were served. There are pancakes, omelette, bacons, vegetable salad, blueberry cheesecake, varieties of bread, and more. Jeongyeon almost had her fingers on the food but Jisoo slapped her hand. She said we must wait for Rosie who's still in the kitchen.