Chapter 7

🔞

MINA

My first day in Jeju with Lisa was a blast. We enjoyed swimming at the beach, ate a lot of foods together, took pictures together, walked hand in hand while laughing at every joke she cracked, made love over and over. Everything is perfect.

Today's going to be our last stay. We're heading back home later before the sun sets. I need to prepare myself so I would be in good condition to go back studying. I'm still at my medschool pursuing my dream to become a doctor.

I can't wait to kiss Lisa right after I the time I pursued my dream profession. Doctor of Medicine isn't an easy course. It is a rocky road, full of nights and days of breakdowns but somehow, I can step on concrete or a surface where I can say I can walk confidently wearing a 6-inch high heels. A path created by Lisa. She makes things lighter, she makes things bearable for me.

Speaking of Lisa, she went out to get us lunch, as for my special meal request. We decided to stay here in our room since we've roamed around the resort yesterday.

My phone suddenly rang. I thought I've already put it in airplane mode.

Dad calling...

"Dad."

"Hey Mina. I know you're in vacation today with your girlfriend but please give me a few. We need to talk."

I stood up from the bed and went inside the bathroom.

"Okay Dad but can you make it quick?"

"My daughter's back."

There, it feels like a bucket of cold water was spattered right through me. I was too surprised that my phone almost slip from the grip of my hand.

"Mina, are you okay?"

"You mean..."

"Yes, whatever you have in mind."

"Oh."

That's the only thing that my mouth could let out.

"I need to see you. We need to talk this out in personal. I'll hang up now."

"W-wait Dad. Do I need to l-leave?"

I cleared the lump that I felt growing in my throat as I ask Dad.

"You know the answer to that Mina."

I stayed silent for a few seconds and I just knew he ended the call.

Why does it has to happen now? What should I do? What's gonna happen next? Am I choosing the right choice? Those were the few questions I asked myself.

"Baby?" Lisa's here.

"At the bathroom baby. Wait a minute." I answered back a little louder. I washed my face with the cold water running from the faucet. I need this to wash away the thoughts circling in my mind. I looked at my reflection from the mirror. When it satisfies me that I look fine, I went out of the bathroom.

I saw Lisa preparing the lunch she bought us. She's setting up the table. I hugged her from behind and the lavender scent of hers kissed my olfaction.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

"Your meal. It's hard to find." She replied while still setting up the table putting the foods she bought on plates.

"Korea has kimbap and tteokboki everywhere." I defended. "Maybe what took you so long was girls. Is that the reason why you wanted to go alone?!"