Chapter 14

JENNIE

As soon as I got home, I ready myself for the confrontation. I'm also sure my mouth's gonna be unstoppable from saying things I don't know I'll regret after.

Before I left the car, I saw my friends looked at me with concern. Even if they are crackheads and it's only a short time since I met Seul and Jeong, I can see that they care. I don't know how many times they asked if I'm fine. They told me to calm down, which I obviously can't anymore. I've been restraining myself for the whole night. I need to let these all out.

"You'll be fine." Lisa said. She accompanied me inside. I'm still waiting for dad and that girl whom he said is my sister.

"I should've told you before the event happens." I gave her a puzzled look.

"About your sister." She said as an answer.

"Wait-- You knew?" I replied. Wow, can this night get any worse? I feel really betrayed right now.

"Yes. Your father--"

"You knew and you didn't even tell me?!" I stood up from my seat.

"Mr. Kim asked me not to tell you."

"You should've at least gave me the heads up. You know that I'll be confused and surprised as fuck but you kept it from me?!" This is unbelievable.

Lisa was about to say something when dad entered the house, together with the girl.

"She's out of this. Lisa, you may go now." She bowed at my father. She took a glance at me before leaving.

"This is why I didn't tell you." Dad said looking disappointed. Wow, and he has the guts to be disappointed like this?

"How do you expect me to react? You took me to a big event and revealed I fucking have a sister I don't know about!"

"Watch your language Ruby Jane." He said.

"It took me by surprise. You know I'll be confused right? So why didn't you tell me ahead of time?" This is so frustrating! And it's pissing me off just by seeing the girl standing behind dad.

"If I told you, will you be attending?" I didn't say a word. "You see."

"I look stupid there."

"Oh is that why you're so furious right now?" Dad asked in disbelief. What the fuck is wrong with him?

"What the heck is wrong with you dad?! It was you who hid something for a long time. You lied. You're supposed to have an opening ceremony for the hospital, not reveal that you have a bastard child!" Dad looks so shocked by what I said.

"Irene is not like that." He said emphasizing every word. I can see he's trying to control himself too. But I can't seem to do that right now. The girl is still quiet standing behind my father.

"Is that why you sent us away, me and mommy? For you to be free with your other family? For you to be with your mistress and that bastard?!" My father's palm landed on one of my cheeks. It fucking stings.

"Don't accuse me with those nonsense! Irene is not a bastard and I have no mistress." A sharp breath was released by him. He's red, I am too. This is one of the few things we have in common. We'll regret this tomorrow, or maybe never.

"I love you and your mom--"

"Then what the fuck is this dad?! Why do I suddenly have a sister? What do you call this? Magic?"