Chapter 32

LISA

It's almost evening when I arrived at the airport. Momo said she will pick me up so I am at the waiting area.

Japan made me a little nervous. Sure, I know a little of their language. And it wasn't my first time here because Bam and I once had a mission here.

But this feeling, where is it coming from? Is it the thought of seeing her again? Is it the thought of going home without getting the answers? Or is it the thought of meeting her again without the same amount of love I used to have for her?

How will I say her name? Mina. How will I feel saying it again?

What would I feel when my eyes met hers again?

And

What would I feel if I don't ever see her again?

It's been a year since I last saw her face. I got used to not having her presence. Maybe I am nervous because I'm afraid for whatever is it that will happen.

But regardless, I'm certain that I want to go back to her. Irene.

"Lisa!" There's Momo, waving her hand.

"Mata o-me ni kakarete ureshīdesu." I greeted.

"I'm happy to see you again too! You grew taller." She snatch the little baggage I was holding from my hand.

"It's fine, just let me do it."

"You're my visitor so no." She's still mulish, and loud.

She drove us to her house. It wasn't that big. But enough for a few people to fit in. I bet this is where she brings her friends to drink or throw a party. She's that kind, you know.

"This is your room. Don't worry, I cleaned it earlier. No dust, no dirts, no vaginal fluids, no cum on the bed sheet." My face heated up with that she said. She's so brazen.

"Fix your things then come out for dinner, okay?" I nodded.

"Thank you, Momoring." That's what Mina used to call her so I also got used to calling her that.

When I was done packing, I messaged Bambam that I am already with Momo. I also texted the same with Irene. She must be busy in the hospital.

The dinner went peacefully quiet. No, that was just in my mind. 'Cause Mina's best friend is so loud. She talks a lot. She should meet Nayeon, they have the same vibes.

We were at the veranda, sipping wine, feeling the cold air.

"Why do you think she left?" She asked. It was countless times people asked me about that. But still, I cannot give a straight answer. Simply because I don't have. So I shook my head.

"I wouldn't be looking for her if I know the answer."

"I've been looking for her since the day you told me. It's been part of my daily routine." She chuckles. But I know she's confused too.

"When she left for Korea, it was lonely for me. She's like the only friend I can trust that I have. We were fine, you know that. We still have communication. She even talked a lot about you that's why I flew there because I wanted to meet the person making my best friend that happy." She stops as she drink from her glass.

"She's my best friend. But after all this, I feel like -- like I don't even know her at all." I can't blame her. I feel the same.

"Will you be mad at me if I tell you I'm dating somebody else now?" I gulped when she pinned her eyes on me. But the tension faded when she smiled, even though it does not reach her eyes.