Chapter 50

LISA

"Are you still not going to talk to me?" We were eating breakfast quietly. I know I'm running late but she cooked and told me to eat before leaving.

It's been three days after Nayeon's birthday, after the night we first fought as lovers. I let her be that night, and even the next days but the cold treatment is killing me.

I sighed in defeat when she didn't even pay me a glance but rather took her plate to the sink.

"I'm going to Daegu today. I'm visiting mom." She said.

"What time are you leaving?" I asked.

"After lunch" She replied in such a cold voice. She's really upset with what happened. I can feel her being distant.

"I'll come with you."

When I was with Mina, it was a usual thing to happen and it was what she always complained about. It must be really upsetting and disappointing whenever your person has to leave you for their job. That changed though when she suddenly became Irene, because my job changed as well and I worked for them so I was always with her.

But they're completely two different person. If she used to complain about it almost every time, Jennie didn't. This is the first time. Maybe because I made promises and got them broken.

I don't want to make the same mistakes before so I'll try to handle this relationship, my job, and my time better.

"You have work, dont you?" She said coldly.

"Let's eat lunch together later and go visit your mom. We can go to the cemetery as well. I'll pick you up later. For now, I need to go." Maybe it's not so bad to just let Bambam handle things on his own for half a day. I'll just do all the paperworks. I kissed her goodbye before leaving.

As I reflect with my actions on the way to the office, I realized how different Jennie is from her sister. If it's Irene or Mina, she'll probably be mad but still makes up with me even before the day ends. She wants it to be settled right away that's why it seems like I just have to tell her I'm sorry for what I did and that I'll make it up to her, then we're good. And I think I took that for granted when she was still alive.

But Jennie's different. She would want me to let her cool off first. She would make me feel how upset she was with me and I truly understand that. She wouldn't talk about it just yet, not until you had your self reflection.

I always use the "call of duty" card. Jennie, for sure understands. But who knows, one day she'll grow tired of it. I just can't let go of this job when in fact I know that possibility. I don't think I can choose between this and Jennie.

"Good morning, Agent Manoban."

"Good morning, Nancy." Everyone must be in a good mood this morning.

"Any new lead?" I asked Bambam who's busy searching up something on the computer. He's been researching a lot these days because of the case we haven't close yet.

"Actually, there is. The forensics called me last night about the informant who died. Narcotics was found in his body. But I think that it was just to set him up. The suspect must've done that. I'm pretty sure he was clear. I wouldn't get a drug addict involve in any of our cases. Oh! Also, they got this in his wallet. Take a look at this." Bambam showed me a card wrapped up in plastic.

"The name rings a bell." Where did I hear this name? "Park Jin Young.. the nice drug lord? The one we've met in Lau and Yixing's event before? Is it him?"