Chapter 42

JENNIE

I have no bookings today. My sched is empty so I decided to go and visit Irene. I asked Seulgi to come with me but mom personally asked me if she can borrow Seulgi for a day. Seulgi has that charisma that makes older women's heart flutter.

I prepared foods and drinks. I feel like staying there for a couple of hours. Sometimes I feel bored and my stomach would want to eat so I brought a lot even if it's just me who's visiting.

"Heechul! Please bring this basket to my car. And also take this blanket." I said as I continue doing my make up.

"Sure, Miss Jennie." He didn't ask further question about what is it for. That's one of the things I'm thankful for in our helpers. Even with every shit that has happened to the family, they never tried to meddle in a negative way.

When I was done making myself prettier, I went to my car and turned on the ignition and drive. I feel excited and sad at the same time. I'm still trying to accept things, like the fact that she's dead.

I stopped my car and walked a few meters to reach Irene's grave. I saw a familiar figure from afar. Her back was facing me, but I know that figure all too well.

She was holding a bouquet of tulips. It was my sister's favorite. She placed it on top of her gravestone.

"Lisa" I called. It must've been a long drive for her. Of course I know that. Seoul to Daegu and Daegu to Seoul isn't a joke. Speaking from experience here.

She turned her head towards my direction. She smiled at me a little before speaking.

"Jennie" It sounds like a prayer whenever it's her who is saying my name. "I didn't know you'd be here today."

"I have nothing to do so I decided to visit my sister." I walked closer to where she is, still holding the basket in my hand. I didn't know she'd be here as well.

She just hummed and didn't reply so I began fixing my 'picnic things'. I got a hard time fixing the blanket and the foods from the basket. Why did I even wear a pair of high heels? How stupid, Jennie Rubyjane.

"Let me do it." Lisa said as she grabbed the basket from my grip. She put the tupper wares, bottles, and any other stuffs I put inside that cute little basket.

I said 'thanks' before struggling again to remove my high heels. Lisa held my arms to pull me up. She knelt in front of me and removed the heels for me.

Heat rushed to my face. Lisa and her small sweet gestures like this one. It's one of the things I love about her. Something that made me fall in love with her.

"Since when are you here?" I asked while lighting up the candle I brought. I wanted to say a prayer for her. I was never that traditional. But well, people change.

"Just a few minutes earlier than you." She said, eyes fixed on Irene's gravestone. "Do you visit her often?"

"Whenever I had free time, I spend it here. Especially mornings. Morning scolding and bickering was our thing." I chuckled as I reminisce the memories of me and Irene.

"Yeah. She used to complain about you ruining her mood early in the morning." I just love annoying her. She's too patient with me. But because a bitch meets a bitch, we always end up annoying each other.

The small fire began to consume the candle. It is slowly melting. When silence took over us, I decided to say my little prayer for our angel in my mind. Lisa remained quiet. Maybe she's also talking to Irene in her mind.