Chapter 24

JENNIE

I just came from my shoot. Seulgi is with me today. We're on our way to the hospital.

Everything was a mess after the night dad got rescued. They are trying to figure out where might be the rest are since those who got caught and interrogated still weren't talking until now. They're like some cult who took an oath and that they'll die if they failed to comply.

Three people died that night. Some were able to escape. The rest are imprisoned.

It's eight days already but Lisa's still not waking up. Seulgi, Nayeon, and I almost find ourselves here every end of the day. Nayeon and Lisa grew close, they are like soulmates because they've got lot of similarities.

I met Bambam too, Lisa's best friend. He's usually here every night.

Irene works here. She mostly spend her breaks in Lisa's room. I think something's going on between them. And if there is, I should stop trying my luck on Lisa.

Just wake her up already and I'll no longer be a bitch. I speak inside my mind while I am in the hospital's chapel.

I saw Nayeon talking to Lisa. She's still in the ICU. When she noticed me, she went out of the room.

"I got to go, I still need to go back in the firm." Nayeon said.

Another time of heavy breathing. It's hard to see Lisa in this condition.

"Hello Lisa. When are you going to wake up? I want to eat ice cream. You said you will treat once you're back." She's still not answering. It's been a week but it still feels new to me that I am getting no replies from her.

"I finished three photoshoots today. It's tiring but I feel good. I love what I'm doing." I happily said. This is what I usually do since I started visiting her here. Tell her what happens to my day and how I feel.

They said even though they're asleep like this, they can hear you. So I keep telling her stories.

"Seulgi and I went to eat samgyupsal. She said she's craving for it. Well I don't want to because you know I have to maintain my shape. But she's so so persistent." I saw her finger move. I blink thrice to see if it really did.

"Did you just move your finger?" I asked. As if she heard me, she did it again.

Until her eyes opened.

I immediately call for a nurse and they went to check her. They said she can move to a private room later.

I called everyone to spread the good news while the doctor is still running some test on Lisa.

One of the nurses said Irene is still in a meeting. That is why she can't answer my calls so I just left a message.

Jeongyeon is so happy, though she still can't go here 'cause she's out with mom. Rosie and Jisoo said they will come here tomorrow.

Bambam just arrived and he heard it from Seulgi and the two just keep on jumping here.

Nayeon, on the other hand cried after I told her over a phone call. What a crybaby. She said she will come through later although she was here for the whole day.

"Jennie..." Lisa calls me.

"What? Do you need anything? Are you in pain?" Don't panic Jennie.

"W-water." I went to get a glass of water but Seulgi stopped me.

"Won't that be bad for her? She just woke up." Oh my god what is she talking about.