Chapter 44

LISA

Life is flying by and time is a brisk wind. It passes by too quickly. I'd wanted to skip the awful parts, but I know I can't resist them, because that only creates deeper sorrow.

I stopped wishing things not to fall apart. Because the more I wish, the more it does.

One of the things I realized when I lost her is that when it rains, I just have to let it rain. What can I do to stop it? None. But I have choices. I can dance under it, watch a movie in my room, watch it by the window while I'm taking a sip of my hot chocolate, and a lot more.

Time flies quickly. And today marks a year since the day she left. It's her death anniversary.

I smiled when I saw a familiar figure, sitting on something she named 'picnic bed'. I watched her from afar. She was talking to her.

She stood up from her seat. She likes wearing high heels regardless of the place she will go. But maybe that wasn't the reason why she always wear a pair of high heels when she goes here.

She walks all of a sudden, like a model. Well, she is a model. I realize she's showing Irene her walk. What a moment to witness.

I remember one time when they fought. Because Irene kept on criticizing Jennie's walk. Jennie didn't sleep that night to practice so hard. The next day, she went to their hospital and waited for Irene to finish a surgery, only to brag about the improvements of her walk.

I slowly walk towards her direction.

"Nice walk." She screamed and fell, even I got startled. Good thing my reflexes were fast enough to catch her.

Her eyes pierce onto mine, but mine stares on her lips. Images of that night in Rosie's apartment flash again in my mind.

"You scared me." She said as she stands properly, removing my grip from her tiny waist.

"I haven't seen you on the runway for so long. But I can say you improved a lot." I said. She asked me to sit on her 'picnic bed'.

"You can always come and watch me, Lisa."

"Tell me when and where and I'll come with you." I said with a smile.

We stayed there until lunch time. Jennie brought a lot of foods. Knowing that she's a model, it's too much for her.

It was afternoon when our friends came. Yeri was there too. Bambam and Momo came together as well. Jennie said her parents already came here yesterday because today was a busy day for them both.

Everyone is busy bullying each other. Especially Seulgi and Yeri. The others are interviewing Momo, trying to know Mina.

Jennie is sitting beside me, eating her sandwich when she asked,

"Do you think she's happy now?"

I smiled. Mina or Irene must be happy up there seeing us down here. Gone were the tough times for her and so as the pain. And probably by now, she's hugging her parents; Mommy and Daddy Myoui.

You're free now, love.

"Yes" I said while nodding. I noticed her struggling in opening the water bottle so I grabbed it from her hand and opened it myself. She mouthed a 'thanks'. "How about you, Jennie? Are you happy now?"

The last time we crossed paths here, she was taking the blame. Keeping all the things within herself. She looks at our friends, to Irene's grave, and back to me.