Chapter 19

JENNIE

"Jen, it's my off today. Do you wanna go shopping?" Irene said with whole excitement. Yes, we're good. After the incident, she always reach out to me. I just let her since then.

"I can't. Mom's asking me to be in the preparation. Tomorrow will be the opening of DILK." That was quick. Well, that's how money and connections work.

"Oh okay. So you'll be with Lisa today?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Guess I'll go on my own then." She said.

"Why would you go alone? You should ask Seulgi to come with you." She just smiled and started pouring milk to her bowl of cereals.

I still feel a little awkward around Irene. Maybe because I'm still in the processing phase. Like accepting that I had a hidden sister for a long time. Or seeing the person I like sleeping while her head was on her shoulder.

Irene is nice and just too good to be true. That's why my insecurity rises everytime I'm next to her. Specially when Lisa or dad is around.

I like Lisa. I said I'm straight but yeah. I fucking like Lisa Manoban.

Since that night when I saw her and Irene, I questioned myself. It's been a few months since my break up. Am I that quick to replace him? Is it fast that someone got my attention now? Is it fine that I like someone else already?

Sometimes I think I'm overreacting and overseeing things. I shouldn't be like this.

Lisa is waiting for someone. And Irene came. Knowing Lisa, she would not be acting like that with someone she just met. But Irene and her, it's as if they just click.

Does Lisa like her? But Lisa is waiting for her lost love to come back right?

"You're spacing out Jen. Your coffee probably  gone cold by now." I was awoken from my trance because of my sister's voice.

"Oh. Are you not going to the hospital today?" I asked but she just laugh?

"I told you I'm on my day off." So I am really spacing out. "I'll go upstairs. Wash the dishes okay?"

"What?! Why?" She just laugh and walk away.

"Because you're the last one to finish breakfast." She said as she walk up the stairs. But there's Nanny Bo-a.

"Nanny Bo-a is here." Irene stopped for a bit.

"It's so easy to wash the dishes Jennie. You can do it so do it." She sternly said. Why does she sound like dad?

"I can't and I won't." I stuck my tongue out. She quickly walk down the stairs.

"Ouch! Let go of my damn ear!" This bitch really.

"You little brat, don't make them do all the household chores here." Finally she let go of my ear.

"It's their job."

"We must help them when we can. Stop being a brat." Okay, I swear she sound just like my father.

"Nye nye whatever." She still has something to say but Nanny Bo-a came.

"Stop bickering, you two. Just leave it there Jennie, I'll do it later." Nanny Bo-a said. I stuck my tongue out at Irene again. She did the same. Kids behaviour.

---

We're here now at DILK. Lisa and Jeongyeon are with us. Nayeon is here too. Mom personally asked her to do the designing. She isn't an interior designer but she's good at it though.