Chapter 6

JENNIE

Rosé stopped the car in front of our mansion's gate. It's almost dusk. It's time to face another dragon now. I hope mom is praying for me right now. I texted her to inform her that I'm already home.

"Miss Jennie!" My childhood nanny ran to me. I hugged her.

"I missed you too Nanny Bo-ah. How are you?" I was the one to broke the hug.

"Let's just catch up later. You need to talk to your father first. He's very furious when you told him you're going back to Seoul."

"I know Nanny. I just hope it's just for today."

"Oh Roseann, you are here too." She hugged her as well. Rosé's house is a few blocks away from ours. That's why we're mostly together when we're kids. She moved out when she's in college and lived in her apartment somewhere near in her university and she's staying there until now. She's a professor now.

"Yes Nanny Bo-ah, in case Jennie cries hard tonight." The three of us laughed.

"I'll carry your baggages with Heechul. Go inside now so you can talk to Sir John and rest after a big fight."

"Thanks Nanny." I hugged her again before going inside the mansion.

When I was already inside, I saw my father waiting in the dining holding a glass of his vodka.

"Daddy." I called him.

"Go to my office now Ruby Jane. I'll finish my drink and follow you there. We are going to talk." There was authority in his voice. He didn't even looked at me. My old man is really mad. Was he not happy that her daughter is here?

As I climbed up the staircase, I thought of the possible things he's going to say to my face. I thought of what my replies would be too. How am I going to tame the dragon? I wish Mom is here. She knows what to say and what to do with Daddy.

I reached his office and opened its door. It was mostly the same. Only the color of the room was changed, but his things were still in place as how I've last seen it. Our family portrait still hung on the center wall right above his throne. The shelves were still full of books and papers, I bet most of it was his research. Dad is a well-known doctor in Korea. He owns and runs one of the biggest hospitals in Seoul and also a school of medicine. Mom's in New Zealand, she stayed with me for the past years. Dad wants me to follow his steps and be in the medical field as well but I didn't. Instead, I flew to New Zealand with my Mom, as to Daddy's request and pursued my dream to become a model. My mom, together with her best friends, Alice Kim and Kim Ahin built their own clothing line; the Do It Like Kims. For some reasons of destiny, they all have the same surnames but weren't blood related. It wasn't as big as Dior nor Chanel, but it is quite big. I work for them as a model, more likely to become their brand ambassador.

I smiled at the thought of my mother and my godparents. They are like sisters and I admire their friendship. I only have a few friends, Korea and New Zealand combined. Rosé, Nayeon, V, and Mino, they are my childhood friends. Joy and Chahee are my Kiwi friends. Joy is also a model while Chahee is a fashion designer. We all work for DILK.

I was awoken from my sea of thoughts when I heard the door being opened.

"Hi Dad." His eyes shot me with disappointed, frustrated, and worried look.

"I told you for how many times to not come back here Jennie, for Pete's sake!" I was startled by his sudden shouting.

"Okay, will you calm down? There's no need to shout."