Chapter 4

THIRD PERSON

"Dad, I'm going home."

"I told you a hundred times that you can't."

"But why?!"

"You will stay there in Auckland. Nothing's going to change my mind."

"I am not trying to change your mind now. I am telling you what my mind is telling me. I'm going back to Daegu."

"You are not!"

"Surely I am Daddy."

MINA

Lisa didn't come home last night after our fight. Did they not succeed on their mission? Or was she hurt? Oh God no, she can't be hurt. I hope she's not.

I was biting my nails while walking back and forth in my unit. I heard knocks on the door so I opened it hoping it is Lisa.

I was welcomed by a familiar warm hug and scent of lavender.

"I'm sorry. I went to the hospital after making that job done."

"Hospital? Were you hurt?" I got out of her embrace and inspected her body. Checking if she got wounds and all.

"No, I'm totally fine. Just a little exhausted. It was Bam. I brought him there. He was shot, his shoulder. It wasn't that serious though so he got discharged earlier. I was the one to drive him home and I went in to the office for some reports after." Lisa explained.

"Go and change now. I'll prepare you lunch." She obliged. Lisa is quiet. Well, she is really quiet specially if she's not close to the people she is with. She does not talk from time to time. But, it is just me. Her girlfriend. It feels strange. Maybe she's just tired.

I saw her walking out of the bathroom. She must've took a bath while I'm cooking.

"Baby, the food is ready!" I shouted from the kitchen.

"Coming."

We ate silently. No one tries to start a conversation. Only the sound of spoon and fork clicking the plate will be heard. A few minutes passed, both of us are done eating.

"I'll go wash the dishes." She said as she stood up from her seat.

"I'll do it. You should rest." I insisted. She went to the living room and I heard the television sound while I am busy doing the dishes.

Once I was done with washing, I sat next to her. No one still bothers to talk. I can't take it so I tried starting a conversation.

"Are you okay? You seem down. Was it not a successful one?" I asked.

"No. We caught the target."

"Why do you look down?"

"I'm just tired."

"No baby, I don't think it's because you're tired." She exhaled, it was a deep one.

"It's my brother."

"Why? Have you seen him at your operation last night?"

"No, that's why I'm down." She laughed bitterly. "I badly want to catch him. There are a lot of things I need to tell him. I need to slap him, punch him, and kick him. I want to beat the shit out of him. But he's so good at hiding." I patted her back and then silence consumed us again for a few minutes.