Scene 6 - Tracy Island Aftermath

We see the aftermath on Tracy Island. After a shot of the exterior of the island, Grandma stares out from the lounge, watching and waiting nervously. The Mechanic returns again to reassure her.

Mechanic:

Mrs Tracy?

Grandma:

Oh I know, son. We've been through this. Now we just have to sit here twiddling our thumbs and waiting for them to come back. I just hope they're sure alright up there.

Mechanic:

As I've already said, they know what they're doing. But we have to be wishful to the crew of the Zero X too. How did the Zero X mission actually begin?

Grandma:

Plans were made by the Solar System Exploration Council in the early 2050s that they would develop a sustainable interplanetary exploration program. Leading aviation and engineering companies around the world submitted design proposals for a reusable deep space transporter capable of providing a means of planetary landing and potentially adaptable to carry cargo.

Mechanic:

I imagine your son was among one who submitted a proposal?

Grandma:

That's right. The New World Aircraft Corporation was chosen to construct a craft. The Zero Altitude Launch Space Exploration Craft. Plans were approved by the end of 2050 and construction was assembled at Glenn Field with plans to reach planets outside our solar system for 2054.

Mechanic:

And the men?

Grandma:

A special WSSC and SSEC selection committee was formed to recruit a suitably qualified crew to take up the challenge of commanding the Zero X. They were all put through extensive training until they found the men they were looking for.

Mechanic:

And we all know of the first Zero X catastrophe. It was nothing more than a Prototype ship then.

Grandma:

And now the time has come where the world is ready for another Zero X mission.

Mechanic:

Well, at least here we can keep an eye on Lady Penelope and Captain Rigby. If they need any help, then it will be only up to the Global Defence Force that can assist.