Scene 29 - Light, Voices, and Energy

The energy continues to stretch high up into the sky. We see the SKR5 beginning to descend downwards through the Earth's atmosphere, heading to the bottom left of the screen. Inside, Ned, cradling his plant like a baby, sits uncomfortably trying to see if they can escape.

Ned:

Oh Gladys, whatever will we do. We always seem to be getting ourselves into a right pickle. I think we're jinxed or something. Even if we ended up becoming a farmer or delivery man, we know we would somehow screw it up. Oh, what will we do? What will we do?

Now, we see the TVR19 heading down to Earth in the direction of the bottom right of the screen. Fischler is desperately trying to control his craft but fails miserably. He holds a white plastic coffee cup reading through a long and complicated manual with difficult language to understand in the "TVR19 Easy Reading Instruction Manual". He also has several control panels that have been unscrewed with a mess of wires hanging out, clearly, Fischler has been trying to fix the problem himself (unsuccessfully).

Fischler:

Hmm. Not much helpful stuff in there. It's all gobbledegook to me. And I can't find the answer in those control panels.

He then grabs the drink and looks to his monitors showing his progress.

Ah. Fifty-two minutes until oblivion. I've been in tighter spots before, but unless that old rescue team comes out again, then I'm done for, for sure. Bottoms up, mate!

He then slurps down his coffee.

And the trouble with these automated coffee machines is that they never seem to get the espressos right. Too sweet for my taste, not strong enough.

Ned Tedford, the Controller and Colonel Casey appear on the holograms.

Controller:

TVR19 and SKR5 from Assembly Control.

Fischler:

BURP! Oh, excuse me, sir, I mean, Controller, yes, nothing changed here. I've been through everything I can to try and fix...

Controller:

Yes, yes. And you're still on the collision course, we can see that. Your ETA to impact is now fifty-one minutes. But hang on, International Rescue are on their way.

Fischler:

International Rescue! Great! When will they be here?

Controller:

Shortly, TVR. Shortly.

The energy field up into the sky continues remaining strong and powerful. The townspeople that have escaped from the rays scurry away like insects, running and running away further into town to hide. Kathy sees the mighty rays into the sky, and questions to herself whether Tucker has returned yet. Standing by the entrance into Harmony, a bandit scurries over to her in a terrified state of mind.

Bandit:

The end is about to reign down onto us, woman! The end is about to reign!

He then quickly squeals and scatters off like a hunted animal. Kathy then stares back to the way of the rays, mustering up the courage to finally explore outside of the town, carrying a loaded weapon with her. Eventually, she runs off in the direction of the growing energy. The force still feeds off Lady Penelope and her friends, as well as the Judge, Clanton, and their buddies. All of them keep struggling against it, tensing as the energy is slowly drained from all – tiring them out. The light intensifies, and the alien voices Rigby heard earlier begins loudening and loudening.

Clanton:

Those... those voices... the Devil! The Devil!

Rigby:

I heard them... when... when I was over the ground.

Tucker:

We... can't... stop it! It's... taking our souls from us...

Penelope:

No. I... think... it's draining us out... which is why we... are... tiring out.

Rigby:

They must send... help... by... now. They... must have seen... a... big... blue... ray... in... the... ugh! What's the use!

Electricity begins frying out. We hear it and then see lightning bolts fry out from the pit, along the ground and up high into the sky. The electric energy begins frying out from the rest of the tall wave reaching into the sky.

Parker:

M'lady... if that... bolt... were too... hit... us...

Penelope:

Have... faith, Parker! Have... faith! Help is... on the... way...